• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canoscan 8800F?

Thanks Dan - I have looked at both the Canon and the Epson - not sure which way I'll go. They are both just under $200 and have good reviews. I have generally been happier with Canon printers so am leaning that way. I know that I'll be putting in a lot of time on this project, but I too think it's worthwhile.

Del, I have looked into having it done - seems to run about 50 to 60 cents per slide. Since I think I have well over a thousand slides, I figured I should get the equipment and do it myself. My parents have a huge box of slides as well - so they could use it too.

I have a 4400F and it does a great job scanning my slide. The device that holds the slides is a little combersome but it does work. My biggest complaint is the documentation, Canon has a real problem with their printer and scanner documentation. I have a canon Pixma Pro 9000 printer and the instructions that came with are worse then poor.