• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is anyone else getting worried?

Luck e 1

I feel like we are burning through snowless days without really getting into serious ice-making weather. Sure we're making some...but is a five day stretch of some highs in the teens too much to ask?

I will be seriously pi$$ed if all of a sudden we get dumped on again and are stuck trudging through slush on four or five inches like last year.

We have had single digits and even a few below zero nights up here grin. The thermometer in my truck read 0 on my drive to work this morning grin

There have been a lot of people out ice fishing already grin. Check out the BWCAW/Duluth/Ely/Iron Range Forum.

We are making ice. Even though the high is above 32, it is only above freezing for a few hours per day. We are below freezing basically 20 hours per day. We just need it to stay calm so the ice is nice and smooth.

I really want to be able to strap on my hockey skates and pull my fish house... much easier than walking.

It is making ice... As stated earlier once they are froze over they keep making ice even if the outside temp is above freezing for a few hours a day. I know yesterday in town here I saw a high of 39º but the frost on the north side of the fence in the shade never melted... we are getting there

Headed for Ottertail County tomorrow will get some ice depths from various lakes and report on the ice map topic Sunday evening or Monday morning.

But I agree we do not need a repeat of last year... that was not fun tramping threw the slush putting out the permanent.