• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ottter Stealth Duck Boats

Hi i just bought a stealth 1200 duck boat today and I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me some things about them since i have to wait till next year to use it.

1. Are you really able to stand up and shoot without wobbling like on the photos they have of them.(advertisments)

2. Does anyone out there have the oar lock kit you buy extra and how do you like it?

3. does anyone have a blind that they designed/built homemade to work with the boat. Im thinking about using 2-2x4's(one on each side) and c-clamps to make a very rock hard shooting platform like i do on my other boats.

Anyways guys it was great seeing the pics and hearing the stories of this years duck season I had a decent season myself but everything is locked up with ice so im done i think . anyways i got a goose field to hunt but dont have much gear(sold it). If anyone wants to hunt on the land (in the metro uncles land) all i ask is that i come. i was out there over the weekend and managed to get one and seen alot but nothing came in to my big 4 decoy spread. e-mail me if interested [email protected]

Quote:
1. Are you really able to stand up and shoot without wobbling like on the photos they have of them.(advertisments)

Yes. My friend has the 2000 and we used it this fall, it works great. Great for one or two person, works awesome for small bodies of water, moves around easier than a deep v or jon boat, gets you anywhere where bigger boats won't. I would consider buying one myself.

I would not stand up and shoot out of mine unless it is on fairly solid ground, especially with a dog. I made that mistake once and darn near went in the drink. Of course the dog took off at the shot, so that was the main problem.

I just put the oar kit on this fall and it is definitely WAY better than paddling!

I made a layout type blind for mine, but got some plans from a guy online for a scissor type blind for it, being my 10 year old daughter got the waterfowl bug this fall, so we'll be using the boat more as a 2 person.

We also used it with a paddle for jump shooting small streams this year and had a blast....literally!

I also have a motor mount for it and have a 2.3hp Johnson motor that I've used on it. It really flies, but I only open it up about half way.

I'll email you some of the blind pics if you want.

Brian

The stupid things are really stable....and I have stood to shoot out of mine often...and have never been wet (yet). I am most comfortable sitting and shooting though. I usually make a blind out of teh available vegetation...cover me and the dog.

ps. I got 2 doz shells and a layout blind....pm me if you want to get out late season.

I have a Stealth 2000 and I beleive that it is way to unstable to stand up in and shoot out of! I used to have a fiberglass one that I had to stiop using because it just got to be too heavy for me to move around by myself. Maybe I was spoiled by that one but I had no issues shooting out of it. It also had poles that went through the hull when you got to where you were going for even more stablility. The other thing I dont like about the new one is that it's real tough to make it go straight when you are paddleing. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo