• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCums Flashers

harvey lee

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with many at the Ice Show checking out Marcum flashers and with many current Marcum owners and the first feature they notice or they already love to fish with........the Super Fine Line.

finelineso2.jpg

While waiting for the ice to thicken, I like to experiment and learn more about my LX-5; bouncing signals off the floor. I snapped this photo and I would like some of you users, and experts, to tell me what these small markings might indicate, if you saw them on your flasher.

pb196361xg7.jpg

Teardrop jig with sinker above?

A fish entering the sonar signal, swimming toward a jig?

If a fish close to the jig, would one of the marks be red but still that fine (thin)?

I think this photo represents just how fine of a line a LX-5 can produce. I just have to understand what its telling me more. Thanks.

Yea i have used my LX-5 many times this year and that is what it usually shows me for my jig if I have a waxie hanging off the bottom. Pretty remarkable to watch, you can really get that waxie dancing around down there with very little jig movement.

Good Luck this year!

Ryan

HardH2O - My new LX-5 has additional 500 watts of power, AT (Auto-tune) which enables the variances with the transducer and regulates it automatically. Essentilly it's like having a sonar engineer making super fine variable adjustments for you, hands free.

Backlit NBT and SFL - The two lights at the top of the NBT and SFL are the smaller light above the original NBT and SFL lights. You can see enough in the shack that you can aim your finger to hit the center of the two light for each button to engage or disengange these fetures. Not enough lighting to discern the lettering on the buttons but better than nothing. Also the new cases do not have the LX-5 or LX-3 embroidery on the front right corner of the softpack

1001292sh3.jpg

Here's a pic with just the backlight

1001294ko5.jpg

And the case..

1001297lz5.jpg

Sorry about the camera but it's all I have right now...

Thanks guys. I had ordered one at the Ice show and it arrived yesterday. Most all vendors had sold out at the show. I sold my 1 year old LX-5 so I could get the new model, and I did not think I had the new updated model. I was not happy. The box still has the 2000 watt spec on the outside. After turning off the ambient light in the room, I could see the backlit buttons. I did notice that they do not have the LX-5 embroidered on the case. The manual is now just photo-copied black and white instead of the nice little color manual. The display seems even better than my last one, maybe it is just me. I know when the Marcums first came out and seeing them on the shelf, I knew right then, I would buy one, just for that awesome display. I sold my FL-18. I had it only a year. The Vex's are good but I believe that Marcum's have the edge in more than one area.

I just got off the phone with customer support at Marcum. Great service by the way. She got back to me right away today. The newer models have the UPC that start with 656169.

Tim - good to hear that I am not imagining the better display.

Bob - It would be nicer with a digital display at the 20' water depth has bugged me a few times as well.

Just a note, the new boxes are the old boxes, they say 2000 watts, but you are safe with the new ones. I had the same fear and called Marcum right away with the same thought. Don't worry. You are in the same midset as me and I spoke with Jon and he set my mind to ease that yes, this is the new 2500 watt, the new boxes are still being printed. Happy fishing

Just a note, the new boxes are the old boxes, they say 2000 watts, but you are safe with the new ones. I had the same fear and called Marcum right away with the same thought. Don't worry. You are in the same midset as me and I spoke with Jon and he set my mind to ease that yes, this is the new 2500 watt, the new boxes are still being printed. Happy fishing

At least these box misprints are in the customer's favor, rather than the mfr.!

Joel