• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building new stand - - - important features (input wanted)

Ive done both also. I dont like not being outside. It doesnt feel like hunting to me. Its just another thing the anti-hunting public can poke fun of about hunters. Using the heater makes your body and mind dependant on it. After a few days of hunting, no matter what the temp is sitting outside is like sitting on my couch cause your body will get acclimated to it. A heater prevents that.

I dont dress as warm as I possibly can but, me and my 10 year old son sit in the stand just fine from dark till noon and take a lunch then go back out. Never uncomfortable and I live and hunt in the coldest area of the lower 48 states. I have the cabelas revolution fleece and I wear 30 dollar long underwear under it with a sweatshirt under the jacket. If Im sitting and dont plan on walking I wear my iceking boots, if I need to walk I'll wear my irish setter mountain klaws with the disposbale toewarmers. I cant even tell you how many deer Ive seen due to the faintest crack or snap that I saw or shot in a small opening that I never would have seen without hearing first, and I never would have heard them over a heater or in a sealed shut stand.

I dont mind the cold at all if Im moving, but just sitting there I will freeze my arse off. I work outside all winter long and have for the last 20 years in temps as low as -15. I can handle the cold, but if I can do anything to make it more bearable I will.