• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flip over spear shack ? ? ?

HUMMER 55

I just picked up and assembled my FISH TRAP SCOUT. Im going to try something new and i have set it up for spearing. i have got a small patch of dark carpet cut out for around the edge to seal any light leaks and have a open hole in the front of me. i was thinking about it while i was in my FISH TRAP YUKON shack last winter. I maybe nutzz but i think it will work? anybody tried it ???

the inside of these things is a black rubberized canvas like stuff, ice armour they call it. its black in the shop with all the flouresent light on its hard to see your hands in front of your face!! the new ones have a black roof on the outside to so that helps a ton.

the inside of these things is a black rubberized canvas like stuff, ice armour they call it. its black in the shop with all the flouresent light on its hard to see your hands in front of your face!! the new ones have a black roof on the outside to so that helps a ton.
dang, wish my clam guide was like that. And I have ice armor.

cass I tried my flip over shack a couple of years ago the shack is an old one called the jigger and its a double wide it was ok but mine is blue and I dont think that it was dark enough but did manage one small pike so it wasnt a total loss after that I just bulit a perm spear shack and the rest is history

yea you do feel like you could fall in but mine didnt have the zip up door just flip it open and step off to the side

Cass Master, welcome to FM!!!! I think your best bet might be to try this same question in the Spearing Forum (Click Here) . I have a clam with a solid floor that is getting older, it lets a lot of light in!

However, I have an Otter that isn't that much younger than the Clam that doesnt' hardly let any light in...Should make for a great spearing tent this winter...I kind of got away from spearing for a few years but am feeling the calling again this year.

Good luck with the house and with your season!

.I have a fishtrap pro, one man, and a small cabin, otter. I have used both for spearing, the otter is far superior to the fishtrap in my opinion. I cut a outdoor carpet one and a half foot bigger than the area in front of the sled and where the shelter half sets on the ice. the edges of the carpet are pulled up on the side canvases and sled, cutting out the lite comming in the bottom edges and around the sled. those flip over houses work great in my opinion. I am 70 years old and have used every size house from a 4 by 4 to a 6 by 8 wood. Easy to move easy to set up and no break in worries.