• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol **Official Thread**

bassNspear

I still think the dude with the glasses is great... hard to find a good girl on last nights show..

I agree with you. The girls just dont have the talent as years past, but ya never know, they might step it up. I like the Driller guy, the blind guy as well.

There is some good talent out there!

I cant believe the crazy chick made it for another week as well

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me. "Norman"(Should sing on a cruise ship), Tatiana (Emotional Chic) and Headband dude (The only two guys who can wear read pants like that are Superman and Santa Claus)? I had to double check to make sure I wasn't watching comedy central!

Titanias act will wear thin pretty soon, voice or no voice! She certainly isn't gonna be the idol? The sooner she goes the better! One thing....if her schtick is real, they better have an EMT and a gurney with straps on hand when they give her the boot!

Headband dude with all the iron in his face? The sooner he gets the swift kick in the hind end, the better!

The welder and the oil rigger....welder goes home first. Rough lookin hombre...Looks like one of the characters on the Sopranos...!

I'm glad that the one kid that goofed up on the piano and walked off stage, made it...he has a good voice. Over all, for this week anyways, I'd say they passed on and passed on the right people.

This year really seems odd to me so far. They passed on some pretty good singers and then let bizarre folks like gay iron face and annoying tatiana and the Nick/Norman dude make it. Odd. And then with 36 singers it will take forever to get down to the end. Last night was the first night I saw Jesse Langseth or something like that. Apparently she is Johny Lang's sister. She did sound bluezy like his songs.

I am fully on board with wakeguy. Norman, Tattiana and Headband Boy (and I use the term boy loosly) have to go. I am fully convinced that they were passed thru for purely controversy purposes. Kind of like Howard Stern, half the people listen to him even though they hate him just to see what he is going to say next. I think that this season has been horribly micromanaged and is not the top 36 singers, rather they picked maybe the top 24 and threw in 12 that will draw viewership for their "buzz".

Agree with many here.. I was shocked to see they passed on the one dude who was best friends with the guy with glasses. He wasn't the coolest to look at with all the lip piercings and such, but he could sing. I liked his hollywood stuff for sure..

I may not watch again or at least fast forward over that one crybaby loud girl.. Deltora or whatever her name is.. Yikes, makes me want to puke!

Ok.. The review, By Deitz Dittrich

Ok, to me it was obvious that many of them had not sung with a full band behind them. Seemed confused up there..

Ok, Girls first..

Jackie-> Little over the top, band song.. (** Two starts out of 5)

Alixis -> Not so good with the mic. Nor the stange, but good vocals, decent song. (*** 3 stars)

Stevie Wright -> Wrong song, and I thought Taylor Swift was bad live... yikes, Missed more notes than hit.. Good bye! (no stars)

Casey Carlson -> Didnt like how they changed the song, missed too many notes... not going to make it, (no stars)

Ann Marie B. Song was too big for her, Vocals not horrible, but not a winner (** 2 stars)

Tatianna -> Decent voice, but man I cant stand her, GONE PLEASE!!!!! (**.5) 2 1/2 stars

Now for the Dudes!!!

Ricky->Good Vocals, maybe not the best song, missed last note?... (***.5) 3 1/2 stars.

Brent-> MIssed too many notes, all over the place.. Not going to make it. (**) 2 Stars.

Anoop -> Very good vocals, but yikes, brought me back to the 80's The voclas were better than judges gave him credit for.(***.5) 3 1/2 stars

Michael -> Very confused by this one, want to like him, it wasnt bad, but wasnt any where near that good either. not nearly as good as Eliot or Bo Bice in years past on that song. Good bye. (**) 2 stars.

Stephen -> Expected better of him by a long shot, bad song... way to oAl Green for me. (**)

Danny -> Hate to say I told you so, But I told you so(actually I didn't hate to say it) Killed it.. (****) 4 stars.

So, new format this year... One dude, one girl.. and one extra.. who are your votes?

Here are mine... And its a good thing it has to be 1 girl and 1 guy.. or I think it would be 3 guys..

Girl-Alixis

Boy- Danny

Alternate--Anoop, but will not be surprised if its Ricky. If anybody else makes it especially if its a girl is just plain wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I think you're pretty right on Deitz. Is that just for this group of 12 or for the whole shibang. If it's just for this group, I'll go with what you said.

That Tationa chick needs to go. That laugh haunts me and Simon nailed what he said to her. Drama queen that just wants to be famous, even if it's just fifteen minutes of fame.

I agree with your choices Danny and Alexis did the best last night. Although I thought that nobody really stood out. I think because of her looks that Casey Carlson will a shot. The song choices by most were absolutely horrible last night. Some acts were brutal. I liked Kara's opinions. I still hate listening to Paula's ramblings. Simon is spot on as usual. Randy is just there. Hopefully the crew for next week pays attention to there song choices.....

I won't go into a total review but I think Danny will be the male choice fo sho. The female has to go hands down to Alexis, she was smokin' hot and she nailed the song, she is a little slice o pie and the voters will eat her up.

The wild card, I hate to say, is going to go to Prozac girl, Tatiana. She killed that song, when I heard them say she was doing Whitney I thought "She Gone" but she came to play last night. I could see Anoop or Ricky Braddy taking the wild card as well based on their overall performances to date but if you go by last night only I say we are going to see the annoying one in the top 12. Don't forget that there are 3 wild cards after this so we still may see Anoop or Ricky but I think Tatiana will be the choice tonight for the WC.

Alexis and Danny, for sure. Tatiana completely surprised me, she was pretty good. The roughneck from OK might make it also.

Casey Carlson - ugh!!! it was painful to watch, even though she is gorgeous. Those facial expressions/tics/dance moves? were enough to kill it for me.

Sandman- Yes sir, just for this group..

The best line of the night went to Simon... I wish I could remember what he said, but I remember I had beer come out my nose.. Something along the lines of.. "I really wish you had forgot the words if I am to be honest with you".. LOL

this was with the black dude.

I really didnt get some of the songs that these people are picking to sing. There not good songs for them at all. There is a few people in the first group that are ok, but i was only impressed with the Pink hair girl and the Oil rigger.

Last night I thought it should have been five instead of three, but I guess they know what they know what to do without my help! Quick way of separating the chaff from the grain, easier on those that don't make it...misery loves company.

Although that Titanium El Toro sounded pretty danged good last night, it didn't break my heart to see her go tonight.

I'm not a faithful follower of this show, but I've seen a few parts here and there to wonder about that Judge #4. Did her name change? In the one show they were showing people who couldn't pronounce her first name and then tonight I see it's "Kara". ???