• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The best glow jig charger

walleye4_life

I forgo the leggo project, since the fog/driving kit comes with all the wires necessary. At first I thought maybe just some wood and nail together, but then I will have to build a wooden box to accommodate carrying the battery. So in the end, I think I'm going to go with a cheapo little plastic tool box. Store the battery in it along with all the wires, rig the lights onto the top tray. So when I close it, everything is contained safely. Now when I do the take down the portable in middle of night, I will have lots of light to shine. No more lantern.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgo the leggo project, since the fog/driving kit comes with all the wires necessary. At first I thought maybe just some wood and nail together, but then I will have to build a wooden box to accommodate carrying the battery. So in the end, I think I'm going to go with a cheapo little plastic tool box. Store the battery in it along with all the wires, rig the lights onto the top tray. So when I close it, everything is contained safely. Now when I do the take down the portable in middle of night, I will have lots of light to shine. No more lantern.

now that is puting some time into it lol ... i just use a flash and really like it

I know, but this project will extend into the boat for night fishing come around summer. I'm unsure of how long a burn time I can get out of a 7amp battery, but if I can get more than 1 hour it'll be worth it. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes of boat navigating at night to get back to the ramp, on an otherwise 10-15 minutes day nav. I can always double the battery. Hmmm, I should always be prepared, more wiring parts needed... I usually carry other tools as well, might as well be in the tool box.

I carry an old camera flash that I got at an second hand store for a couple bucks. It is running on 5 years with the same batteries and is used summer and winter. My fishing partners claim it is the best method for "charging" jigs they have seen and really does wonders on the guy that doesn't know whats coming.

I got a little excited after I figured out the wiring for the driving/fog lights. Then using a powered tool for the first time...I made a mess of things. I drilled holes way too big for the screws. So I had to patch something to hold the screws for the mounting brackets. What a set back...I'm figuring the glue will hold so tonite I will continue with my light project.

Google Lure lightning, they mount to your flasher and run off your battery.

This is what I use as well. Works GREAT. I have used all the tazzers and push button led lights and nothing keeps my lure glowing longer then when I use this. You will never lose it either as it attaches right to your flasher and it is a push button that you use with your foot.

I am gonna have to 5th or 6th the UV led lights you can find on EB, usually from HK or somewhere out in those parts. UV is the way to go to charge anything that glows. I could get into the physics of fluorescence to explain why but I'll save that for another day. You will not be disappointed. They are pretty cheap too.

After seeing that lure lightning has new uv bulbs I got in touch(through the contact us on web page) with the guy who invented it and he said if I would be coming to the show to bring the old light and see what he could do for me. I'll be there!!! Thanks Dan!!

I went into a local photo shop and asked the lady behind the counter if she had any used (spend) disposable cameras with a flash. Found out that they just throw camera part away when people bring them in to be developed. She offered me a grocery bag full! I took three. That was three years ago. Still using the first one!

There are more lumens in a camera flash. No doubt about that, in the words of Ron Burgundy, "it's science."

I use a Lindy Tazer that is clipped to my lanyard-o-tools. Lots of goodies there all at my finger tips.

I've also seen the Lure Lightning at the Ice Show and in use with friends that have it...A very nice product, hands free, and mounts right on your flasher.

I also like the Illuminator Jig if the fish are really into the glow.

I also have used the camera flash but didn't like how it only charged one side of the jig,and then putting it in the garage with all my other fishing stuff forgetting to take out my batteries and having to replace them in the fall. Not sure about the Illuminator though what's that doing to the water if your line breaks, or a fish takes it? To many products so many decisions. What ever works and catches fish for ya!!