• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum LX-5 vs. Vexliar FL-20

&JAG

I use a vex fl-18 and my bro uses a marcum lx-3 both are fish catachin machines. his marcum loses the jign raps and my vex doesnt and we both have 19 degree ducers if you jig to hard with the marcum the flasher cant keep up with it like my vex can. I know I know tons of power is hard to beat but why when the vex has been catchin for so long. IMO vexilars just manage there power better and marcum needs all the power becuase they dont have the power in the right place just my 02 sense

I've owned the LX-5 since they were introduced a few years ago, it's been through three seasons on the ice and three seasons in the boat. Best flasher I've ever owned.

Things I love about the LX-5 in particular:

Dual frequency, for all sorts of situations, but especially narrow beam for fishing steep breaks.

Interference rejection always cleans up other units in the area

My friend's constantly cuss me out with their Vex's in the same fishhouse...I see clearly. grin

Adjustable zoom anywhere in the water column.

Super Fine Line is incredible detail.

Target seperation is incredible, I haven't seen anything that will compare yet. (I do own an old FL-8).

The charging system, battery indicator and overall "package" that MarCum presents is a huge plus in my book. Easy to carry, always protected from the elements and packaged tight so nothing will fall apart in transport.

i dont think any is better then the other just what you think is better i bought my first flasher last year a fl20 and love it but i would be happy with any one,i bought it because of availability last year in the middle of the season. i now want to find one for my son but may get him a hummingbird

Both great units.Everything has its time and place.Clear water with daylight my vex will sit not being used.The camera simply outdoes it during the day.At night time out comes the vex and the camera only sometimes stays out.I have also had walleyes come up and look right at the camera at night.Its all good and all fun.