• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More muzzleloader hunter this year???

Pickelfarmer

So do you think with the low numbers of tags filled this year from the rifle hunters that there will be more muzzelloader hunters this year. Alot of the guys I've talked to this year that normally don't hunt with a Muzzleloader are going out to give it a try this year....

I think the number of muzzle loader hunters are increasing every year since they introduced the all season license.

it's nice to have options, but like bow hunting, I liked it better when there weren't so many hunters in the woods. it's starting to get crowded again.

just wait until we get that 15 to 20 below weather again. that'll seperate the fair weather inliners from the rest of us.

They got rid of the all season license this year. I wish they hadn't personally. I'm wondering if since guys have to specifically spend another $26 dollars to buy the muzzleloader license if it will affect things. We'll get a true idea of how many guys actually go out and muzzleloader hunt this year. With the all Season license you wouldn't really know who was hunting and in what way.

Ryan

I agree the guys that go in agricultural areas are going to do quite well for the most part.

As a regular ole' muzzleloader hunter, I agree. If it freezes up and we get some snow, I think it'll be a great muzzleloader season. As the other guy I'll say with the new licensing, I'm pretty sure they'll be more ML'rs out there. My best guess with the all-season license was 35K-40K. As of yesterday, 30K had bought licenses. With today being a holiday, it should be pretty slow but I bet the ELS terminals are buzzing tomorrow with activity. I was in Cabela's last night and there was a line of people looking at muzzleloaders and even Cabelas's was low on 'stuff'.

i'm going to be taking my little brother out muzzleloadin for the first time. I'm hoping he gets one. It should be pretty exciting. I've also talked to a lot of guys that are going to be going since they were in the field over rifle/slug season or they haven't harvested a deer yet.

On a 5 mile run of road with multiple access points for public land, I saw 1 other truck parked. Rifle season I would usually see about a dozen trucks. Pretty standard for the muzzy season where I hunt. No more, no less.