• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rocky Blizzard Stalker boots????

buddah7

Love 'em! I use them for deer hunting with a pair of smartwool socks my feet were never cold this season or last. I wear them all winter snowmobiling, and of course Ice Fishing. I have fished in Canada in Jan with temps as cold as 30 below, as long as you are not sitting out all day they are a great boot. They are the only boot I will buy.

I've had my Blizzard Stalkers for about 3 years now. They're a little on the big/heavy side for me. But, when I'm sitting out on the ice that doesn't matter. I spray mine generously with some heavy duty water repellent before each ice season. They've held up nicely. Remember to get a size that allows a little breathing room for your feet. Otherwise your feet will probably get cold, same rules apply in any boot IMO....

Got a pair of Blizzard Stalkers had them three seasons... Went LaCrosse never going back to Rocky, pay the extra money well worth it! Plus I fell a lot in the Blizzards going after tip-ups not in the LaCrosse though... Also they were stiff as my back after a couple falls!

I bought mine 2 months ago... I can't say I'm impressed with them. My feet were constantly cold...maybe i'm doing something wrong with socks...i just wear 1 layer of wool.

but if i could do over...i would rather buy the bunny boots that cost 60$ less.

Jag,

what kind of Lacrosse did you get?

Rocky extreme stalker 800 g lights were the best boots i've ever found. got the on clearance probably 4 years ago, must have quit makin them. Can't find em anywhere now, if I could I might buy a couple pair. None of Rocky's new styles compare to them.

Lacrosse alpha icemans. got em last year and hope they never quite making them. there a ice king with a better sole and a little more support and a little lighter too. ice fishin snowmobiling etc.. they keep my feet toasty all day long no matter the temp. wear a linear sock and a wolly = dri and comfortable.

By far the best boot I have ever come across is the Rocky Snow Stalker extreme. They take everything thats wrong with the Ice King and everything thats wrong with the Blizzard Stalker, fixed it to create the Snow Stalker Extreme.

For the temperature rating their weight blows away anything close. At 4 pounds a pair they are the lightest boot I have seen with a tempt rating of more than -75.

I have tried the bunnys, Ice Kings, and many others. The Snow Stalkers are by far the best for moving around in. They give you the best mobility. Trust me I do a ton of hole hoping and these are made for it.

The only draw back is $200 a pair. Still money well spent. Its the only boots I will ever buy. I fish regularly when its well below zero and the Snow Stalkers keep my feet warm and comfortable. Part of that is the liner has a bunch of flashy materials that regulate the temp and store extra heat so your feet dont sweat.

Loos and others- Tips for warmer feet- Wear a wicking liner sock. Any polypropylene liner to keep the moisture from building up against your feet. Wet socks get cold fast. Also get boots that are a bit loose. Better movement inside the boot means better circulation and warmer feet.

Avoid heated socks. they are a complete waste. They short out quickly and cause your feet to sweat even quicker. You dont want sweaty feet during a long day on the ice.

Sorry for the long post. I spent 4.5 years working in foot wear in outdoor retailers.

I can't say that everything pairs up equally, but the most maneuverable boots I've used are Irish Setters. I've only one pair. The boots I can stand still on all day long are Lacrosse. Toughest boot I have is a Matterhorn.

I'd go with snug fit rather loose for warmth retention. Plus I get socks sliding off and pyling down to the toes or heel if I move a lot in a slightly loose boot. It differs from boot to boot, but If I go loose, it's like unlaced loose, so I don't get boot rub from above ankle to slide my socks down. I suppose I can always use boot/pant straps to keep socks in place.

I have em...they are deffinatly a stiff boot. They stay that way too. If you plan on moving around in them put the lightest wicking type sock on or you will be sweating. Then if you sit for very long you might get uncomfortable. I coat em every year with sno seal and one day last year on sloppy ice they still soaked through. That kinda bummed me out. Did a lot of walkin in em yesterday and today in close to 2 feet of snow bear hunting and they worked good.