• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Ice Auger

tspotout

I bought the SM Lectra last year and love it. I can drill all the holes I need for a day. It comes with a charger to use in your vehicle and charge after use so it is ready to go when you need to drill more. I can easliy drill 6 holes through 48" ice, proved last spring on LOW. I also have a couple extra batteries I bring with in case and also made a 25' cable to plug into my truck battery directly. I made a quick connect and mounted it in the bumper of my F-150 and don't even need to open the hood to access this. I have only had to use the truck battery once when I was drilling 10 holes in about 3-4' of ice.

My bro-in-law has one. Works great. Just remember to keep the battery topped off. We ended up jumping to the truck a couple of times. When my gas auger retires, I'll definitely consider one.

I had one and diddn't really care for it as I would get 6-8 holes in the wheelhouse before the battery would be useless. It was also too slow for my liking.

I got rid of it and my lazer mag express and bought a StrikeLite with a steel Lazer blade and have never been happier. I can drill all 12 holes out in the wheelhouse quickly and without any smoke or fumes. I also like it because I can run regular unleaded fuel that I already carry extra on the back of the ATV, no more mixing or remembering to recharge.

+3 for the icegator best tool Ive bought for the ice and dependable and now they have em on sale drills all the holes an average fisherman needs with plenty of power to spare! Im on my second year I have used the 6" and 8" and they are great this weekend Im anticipating Im gonna have to put the extention on my lazer and I know Im not gonna have an issue!

Recently bought an ice gator to go along with my 7 inch lazer hand auger. With the factory charge on the 9 ah (smaller size) batteries I tuckered out after drilling 22 holes through 20 inches of ice,(although it was hard and clean ice) still going strong on those batteries! I can now have my hand auger option with my lazer being the auger attached to the Ice Gator powerhead and with the end of season sale at the HSOforum it was a no brainer. Let me say this, when you hit that button to start drilling, you best be holdin on!

I had one and diddn't really care for it as I would get 6-8 holes in the wheelhouse before the battery would be useless. It was also too slow for my liking.

I got rid of it and my lazer mag express and bought a StrikeLite with a steel Lazer blade and have never been happier. I can drill all 12 holes out in the wheelhouse quickly and without any smoke or fumes. I also like it because I can run regular unleaded fuel that I already carry extra on the back of the ATV, no more mixing or remembering to recharge.

You must have had a bad set of batteries or something.. cause these things ROCKET through the ice and can easily pound close to 40 holes in 30 inches of ice with the 12v batteries !