• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

soooooo?

glenn57

I walked out on the ice near Cambridge on Sat.

3 inches of crystal clear ice.

It felt very stable.

I went home and did some on the honey do list and woke up Sunday morning with visions of spearing my first fish of the year.

I got a late start Sunday morning, went out about 9:30~10:00 AM and the ice was not so good. I made it about 20’ from the bank and it started cracking so that was it for me.

The ice was still just as thick but it definitely was not as strong Sunday.

By 4:30 PM we had open water in the middle of the lake again.

I got a report from Lake Winnie that they are putting their spear shacks out on Friday and they have some openings. I won’t be able to make it up there this Friday but I am thinking of going up there the following weekend.

A resort near the 3rd river flowage (I don't think I can put the resort name here) is reporting:

Quote:

Winter is here in full force it has been very cold and we do have a dusting of snow on the ground. We had our first ice on the 18th and now it is at 5 1/2 inches. We will be ready to spear on Friday the 28th so come and make a new Thanksgiving tradition here. Spearing at its best.

got out today around noon and tryied for a couple of hours we have 4 1/2 inces of ice but not every were

I had a live decoy down and was swicthing out my other decoy when this pike just railed my decoy sucker started to pull it back but he let go then nothing thought it was going to be really good cause I'd only been there 20 min then didnt see a thing after that. sure did feel good to be on the ice again.

speardhead yes it is a local lake little elk and today I didnt see a thing. just got in been out since 8:00 am but man its great to be on the ice again, today it sounded like a battle from starwars movie going on. the ice was craking and making the coolest sounds at times it sounded like whales well I think I'll try again in the morning

there is a pressure crack north of the second point so ridgewood bay is a no go and same with the access by my house you have to use the access on the south side of the north west point. there were guys that walked out at the puplic access yesterday but they didnt go out very far and there is open water east of the south west point

stuck a 31 1/2 incher this morning and had a smaller one hit my decoy of course it was when I was taken a drink of coffee and it was gone by the time I grabbed the spear. now its off to shoot a deer with the muzzel loader and then I can have surf and turf for dinner.

Hey Elwood per or conversation on Saturday regarding potatoes here's my response back from the email I sent the DNR:

Q:"Are there any regulations regarding using eggshells or potatoes down the

hole while spearing?"

A: "A hand full or two to break up the bottom a bit is okay, a bucket load dumped would not be"

thanks spearhead thats nice to know how. did you do sunday?

I did family stuff and didnt make it out. I did manage to get out monday afternoon moved into ten fow and wasnt there but 10 min and one smashed my decoy when I was jiggin it what a rush and I did happen to see two more and stuck one around 26inches perfect for pickeling.

Big Zero on Sunday in my house. Shawn came out and set up just down from me and had one come in a smash the decoy and take off. Nothing in the ice, we were out of there by ten. The perm should be going out on my lake this weekend