• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Pump Etiquette

hanson

I would find it hard to beliee that on the entire property including all sides of the building that all they have is 4 spots for parking. In case of aa fire where would the fire engines park?

No offense taken, there are no sides, they dumped the SA on a small lot. The fire trucks would park right in front where any normal station has parking, but its blocked off by yellow striping and no parking signs. More people need to quit nit-picking and worrying about what other people are doing. If i had no life and wanted to complain it would be about the guy that pulls up to the first pump even though the second one is empty..blocking people from even getting to the other pump, but i dont..why? Because if your in that much of a hurry the problem isnt the other people its you.....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems as though parking at the pump got much worse when GM came out with that commercial were the person with the new GM car that gets unreal gas milage, and the poerson walks inside to buy other things, and the gas pump messes with there car. some people must think that thats how its done. minnesota nice is out the window here.

Some pretty opinioniated people posting here. If there is no spot in the lot to park and I park at a pump it's all about me?

If I am moving with the traffic flow and won't move over it all about me?

People in the left lane going .1 MPH faster than the person they are passing with a wide open lane in front of them yeah I concur they need to get their butts over so that they can be passed. People in the left lane that is full of traffic ahead of them and on both sides there is no need to move over.

I leave for work in enough time that I do not have to go 15 or 20 over the limit to get there in time. If you do... I dont give a rats a$$, that is your problem, and no that is not "all about me" either. Everyones commute wouild be so much faster if folks would learn how to MERGE! If there are cars in front of me, and to the side of me, but there is a quarter mile opening behind me don't expect me to brake so that you can get in front of me. YOU are the one that is Merging not me!

Like Hamer Handle... if ya p me off I can be even slower and wash my windows and check my oil. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

gas pump etiquette in the OPEN WATER forum seems kinda wierd....Here's what we do..the vehicle stays by the pump until gas is payed for, otherwise they think you are driving off. Or if we know we'll be there a while,we'll drive to a parking spot (after paying for gas).

As far as left lane driving.....It used to be a law to drive in the right lane except for passing. I don't believe that is in the book anymore....but it still makes sense most of the time. When there is a lot of traffic, and a few cars are going 50,it isn't safe to be switching lanes all the time so a few can try to break the land speed record. If I am going the speed limit(or a little faster) , passing some of those "slowpokes", it IS NOT illegal, or safe to be switching lanes a lot. Just because someone wants to go 80 has no bearing on the speedlimit for ME.

I keep hearing a saying( keep up with traffic)....The question is: which traffic? the ones going 50....or 80? The speeders like to say it as an excuse to go as fast as they want to. That saying IS NOT in the rule book, so anyone who codones it (ex cop or not), is flat out wrong. The opinion may have been mis-quoted, or taken out of context, or just not understood. The fact remains, the posted speedlimit ,is the maximum legal speed...period. Insisting on "everyone getting out of the way", so I can go as fast as I want, is definitely as (or more) dangerous than the few I see going 45-50 on the 4 lane highways.

BLEND WITH and FLOW EVENLY, and everyone gets where they are going safely and quickly.

I've been trying to stay out of this but here goes. At my local SA, there are 4 parking spots but they are farther away from the building than the pumps are so people park at the pumps. They also park in the no parking areas in front of the store and in the no parking area next to the handicap parking space (it's there for van access).

I now no longer get gas in the mornings there because when I see than many selfish people it just turns out to be a good start to a bad day.

Unfortunatly I have also altered where/when I fill up the boat as well. I now usually fill it up out of town either on my way back home or on my way out. It is unfortunate that some people who refuse to walk the extra 50 steps are forcing others to spend their money in other areas, thus hurting the local economy. For what it's worth, most of the people I see doing this could really use the extra 50 steps, several times a day.

I've seen it too at our local SA. A guy pulls up to the pump, walks in to get a pop and smokes and walks right back out.

It's people like this who I firmly believe don't give a rats back forty who they may inconvenience. IMO, the general public has become very rude. I hate to bring this into it, but 9/11 seems to have been the big turning point with the general mentality of people.

This is out of MN traffic laws:

169.18 DRIVING RULES.

Subdivision 1. Keep to the right. Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be

driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

(1) when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under

the rules governing such movement;

(2) when the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair;

(3) upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable

thereon;

(4) upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic as a one-way roadway; or

(5) as necessary to comply with subdivision 11 when approaching an authorized emergency

vehicle parked or stopped on the roadway.

randy

I've seen it too at our local SA. A guy pulls up to the pump, walks in to get a pop and smokes and walks right back out.

It's people like this who I firmly believe don't give a rats back forty who they may inconvenience. IMO, the general public has become very rude. I hate to bring this into it, but 9/11 seems to have been the big turning point with the general mentality of people.

Give me a break. That is one of the most ridiculous comments Ive ever read here.

This is out of MN traffic laws:

169.18 DRIVING RULES.

Subdivision 1. Keep to the right. Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be

driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

(1) when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under

the rules governing such movement;

(2) when the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair;

(3) upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable

thereon;

(4) upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic as a one-way roadway; or

(5) as necessary to comply with subdivision 11 when approaching an authorized emergency

vehicle parked or stopped on the roadway.

randy

they are talking about 2 lane roadways, this is open to interpretation by the reader. A freeway is considered a one way roadway. Give this subject a break, or lock it down.