• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Inteli-power converter in the fish house

walleyesforever

Question

3 answers to this question

I just installed one in mine, it filters your 110 that you have coming into the house from your generator and it charges your batteries.

I then bought an invertor to run my 110 off my batteries at night.

Hope that helps I am not much of electrician.

It does 2 different things. 1st it will charge your batteries and keep them charged not over charging them. It will alos convert the 110 to 12 volts. thus you can plug into a 110 outlet and run every thing in your house and charge your batteries at the same time. Or you can plug the house into a generator and do the same. I got one in my house and love it

I have an Iota converter, basically the same thing. It will charge and maintain the batteries indefinitely when plugged in. If you use your generator, it'll convert 110 to 12v, charging your batteries and running the furnace, lights and radio at the same time as said above. I have a male plug on the outside of my house which is hard wired to the 110 outlets in the house. I plug an extension cord running from the generator or home power into the house, which feeds the outlet that I keep the converter plugged in to.

Something that I'm going to do this year is install a battery switch between the converter and batteries. When the converter's connected to the batteries, it draws a small amount of juice, like any electronic device sitting at idle. Right now, I disconnect the pos. cable while on the lake just to minimize the draw, maximize battery life.

Overall, I think that having a converter/charger is the way to go, especially if you have large batteries like I do. It's not easy pulling 190 amp/hr. batteries out to charge after each trip!!