• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Earn A Buck

Joe15

I am so against the EAB. I hunt in western Wi and the last 2 years have been junk. So many people shoot the button bucks to get the EAB stamp. So what is that going to do for the coming years...nothing but hurt it. They need to make the button buck BE A BUCK, if you shoot a BB thinking it is a doe then it needs to be no harm done but it goes as your buck tag. So frustrating!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like the idea of having to shoot mature doe and then the buck because the dnr and everyone is always stressing let the small ones go...the the next weekend the go and shoot a button buck...for it to work everyone must do this

seems we all complain about all the rules and now we want to list another 5 pages of laws for EAB ?

If we started the buck season a bit later or after the rut, this would help with increasing rack size and buck population.

I quit hunting in Minnesota years ago as there are just to many rules and laws. man, the deer guide is pages long. Do we want more rules to go out and enjoy a deer hunt?

As the DNR tries to give the deer hunter what he or she wants, the regs and rules bookl gets all the thicker. One will soon need a degree to figure out where and when and what one can shoot.

Not me. I will go out and enjoy the hunt and what I pick to harvest or harvest is what I get.

I didn't quit deer hunting. I just went to North Dakota where I have much better deer hunting on a private ranch. Been there for the last 17 years.

I didn't care for the 2 or 4 day season in the area I use to hunt. I want a longer season and North Dakota offers that. I also don't have to deal with tons of red when the sun comes up.

seems we all complain about all the rules and now we want to list another 5 pages of laws for EAB ?

If we started the buck season a bit later or after the rut, this would help with increasing rack size and buck population.

I quit hunting in Minnesota years ago as there are just to many rules and laws. man, the deer guide is pages long. Do we want more rules to go out and enjoy a deer hunt?

As the DNR tries to give the deer hunter what he or she wants, the regs and rules bookl gets all the thicker. One will soon need a degree to figure out where and when and what one can shoot.

Tell ya what. If the rulebook made you quit hunting MN, you need to look at some other states rules. Checked Montana lately? You talk about a cluster $@#%.

MN is a very diverse state in regards to habitat(s). One rule will not fit all in this state. Never will it. The only way to make it better for more in the end, is more rules to satisfy the different areas.

Make the rules simpler, and you will have more people mad because one shoe isnt going to fit every foot here.

If anyone wants a good read, go check out Montanas rules. We dont have it too bad...

Deer and Elk General regs.

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=32378

Then scan the deer, elk, antelope complete version.

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=32377

I'll take our "simple" regs any day of the week over trying to figure these out.

It may seem difficult here, but if we want more hunter satisfaction, we need more rules. Rules that would be even more specific to regions/areas of the state.

Generic rules will not make hunters happier in MN.

i think the problem many minnesota deer hunters have is that they want the "BIG Trophy" every year. In my opinion people should take some of the smaller bucks let the decent one get to be that deer on the wall...no matter what the antlers look like...meat is meat...i do agree with harvey lee we should start slug season later...wait until the rut is over...i mean most sluggers just push groves anyway...get those good genes out there then blast em

BLB, I hunt in North Dakota and the rule book is only a couple pages. Buy your license for the zone you are going to hunt and go hunt. My doe tags are good for any open season also.

Things seem to go very smooth there without a ton of regs. I can usually shoot a preety nice buck at least every other year alsio so there are nice bucks there also.

HL, I was refering to your comment about seeing red everywhere. I assume the overall hunting pressure in ND is lower than that of Minnesota. Minnesotan's also have this ingrained tradition of killing the first deer they see, especially if it's a buck.

I totally agree that successful regulations don't have to be complex to work.