• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HK light strips

fishon68

I am getting ready to install 2 48cm and 1 96cm hk led strips in my voyager, how are you guys running the wires as to not pinch them when folding up, the wires are very small, can you run them through the tubes and if so wont they ball up inside the tube when collapsing??

The problem with running them through the tubes is the locking spring inside the tube... not only is it a pain to get by, it'll wear at your wires.

I took zip ties and small Velcro strips and just kept the line loose. So far I haven't had any troubles with it pinching or pulling the lights.

I tie wrapped velcro on to the lights and soldered on heavier wire and I velcro them on to the poles and use some alligator clip to attach to my battery. With the velcro strips I am able to keep the wires tight to the poles and out of the way. I take them down when I am done and store the a zip lock baggie. I will attach them to the rack on my 4 wheeler to help light the area when I am loading so I don't miss anything laying on the ice.

I recommend replacing the stock wire as it seems less than ideal for cold conditions. I put a larger diameter wire on mine and just keep it loose and throw it around my poles when I setup so it's out of the way. The light is attached to my center pole via twist ties and I plan on using a spare vexilar battery. Speaking of which....Does anyone know if I can run a converter from a Vex/Aqua-Vu Battery for 12v Aearator and Radio? I have an inverter that I would love to use for the ice from the boat.