• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Have you seen the size of there scoops?

I was just in the Forest Lake Gander Mountain, and I have NEVER gotten such big scoops of shiners!! Normally maybe you will get 13 per dozen..maybe 14....but I bought 4 dozen and it looks like it is almost 5 dozen!

They arealso having a sale on flats of crawlers!!

Cory Frantzick

The bait out of the Sweedish village between north and south center lakes is also great....pick up a LARGE scoop of fatties for $1.35/scoop when the new owners of the mike's bait off of highway 8 is lookin' for $3.00/scoop. Not to mention one scoop at the sweedish village tops two at the old mike's....just had to plug 'em! smile.gif

Just my 2 cents, but I try to avoid the big CHAIN stores, especially for bait. They do just fine on everything else they sell. I'd rather give the small business owner who's livleyhood depends on all of us fisherman to feed their families. They NEED and most appreciate our business very much. They may not always be as kiss butt as we'd like, but you may not be in a chipper mood on Saturday evening at 7:00 when you are working on your 12th staright day of work and you started that day at 5:00AM. SUPPORT OUR LOCAL SMALL BAIT SHOPS!!!! Just my opinion.

Good call Uncle Dave, you hit it right on the head. The small town Mom & Pop shops NEED the business a heck of a lot more than the huge "big box" stores do. You're right, they might not be as friendly as they should but who is? I've been in and around the bait business all my life and can say one thing, if I go to a shop and ask for a dz minnows and get 14 or 15, I'll never stop there again. Live bait is a big money product no matter what anyone says. Ask for a dz and a good shop will show you close to 18. Many places you'll get too many, if there is any such thing. That's what makes a good shop. And because of this, I'll show my appreciation by dropping a few $ at the same store even if I can find it cheaper at Gander or any of the other big guys. Like Uncle Dave said, just my opinion. Ed

Thanks Guys us small family owned bait shops need all the help we can get. I appreciate your support and I know what you mean about not having days off. I haven't had a day off since early April. Also I'm not so sure big stores always have the best prices. I've walked through and see that our prices beat their's on a regular basis. But they do offer a large selection which is nice. So support the little guys because when they're all gone you'll have to buy your minnows at the gas station.

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401