• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

homemade atv windsheild???

icecold

Has anyone ever made themselves a homemade windsheild for a atv, I need something for ice fishing, What type of material would u make one out of?? I have a very depressed income and dont want to spend 100 dollars for a windsheild. crazy

Truth???

Very depressed income..........don't go fishing. I know you didn't ask for that, but just had to throw that in there. smirk

Plexi glass is cheap at Menards and you could mount it with a piece of steel bolted to the front rack. You could make it cover the whole width of the rack and it would keep the wind off of your legs as well as your face.

Yet another option is a snowmobile helmet.

my dad had a Sportsman 400 (2-Stroke) model nad did just what Roofer mentioned. He made a frame out of 1" square steel tubing and riveted a piece of plexi-glass onto it. It wasn't the most glamorous work of art, but it served it's purpose.

Truth???

Very depressed income..........don't go fishing. I know you didn't ask for that, but just had to throw that in there. smirk

Plexi glass is cheap at Menards and you could mount it with a piece of steel bolted to the front rack. You could make it cover the whole width of the rack and it would keep the wind off of your legs as well as your face.

Yet another option is a snowmobile helmet.

Don't go fishing?

That's a piece of advice I would never give!

I have a motorcycle windshlield I was going to put on my 4 wheeler but my wife ended up buying me a Polaris lock n ride windshlied. [Admin Note: Please read Forum Policy before posting again. Thanks]

I don't get it, if you don't have a $40,000 truck, and $15,000 fish house, each rod costing $200, the latest and greatest fish finders, gps and augers that a guy shouldn't go fishing? If that's truly what you beleive I feel sorry for you. I have a friend who likes to "keep up with the Jones's", but is so busy trying to have the best that he forgets that fishing and hunting is about having fun and relaxing. Spending all the money like that is just a waste.

Besides, some people can just go a few blocks, drop in a line, and catch a few little ones for a meal. Saves on groceries (and tastes better too!) Sorry for getting off-topic.

Nowhere in Roofer's post did he post anything about needing the biggest, best, latest, greatest most expensive equipment money can buy.

Let's keep this on track guys. The OP asked a simple question and there were some constructive answers given. Many of us are impacted by the economy and people losing their jobs. Myself included.

Terms like "Going Balls Out" can be interpreted many ways. Let's keep them positive.

Thanks

Yes, I was in left field saying what I said. Had little to do with the post. If someone can't afford it, then that's fine, as long as you have a good time. Sometimes people just have to limit their activities, then they can advance more in the areas they really like. It's tough to dabble in everything with limited funds.

Back to the topic (kinda)........that comment by Stumper made me almost fall out of my chair laughing. An egress window cover!! LOL

LEP, you can be my salesman any day. smile God knows I need the help. wink