• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LMS-522c

fishon68

Wow. I'm going to give that a whirl. It's always a constant struggle for me whenever I get new stuff for the boat. If I can, I like to learn about the product before I get it on the water. Unfortunately, half way through the learning process I always say to myself "I bought this thing to put it to use....10 minutes later the boat is on the truck and I'm off. Darn intuition. wink

Anyone know how well these work when you are out with someone that has vex or marcum? Is there a lot of intereferance?

There can be issues. Tuning out interference is not as simple as with a Vex or Marcum, but it can be done. I have had no problems in close proximity with a VX-1, LX-3, and LX-5. I've had some issues with an FL-18, but I didn't really spend much time trying to tune it out. I haven't fished next to the other models. And I don't know if the Lowrance models will play nice together--my bro-in-law is picking one up, though, so I guess I will find out.

Sandmannd, interference was the problem that I bumped into running the 334 on the ice. It would loose bottom from interference, go stoopid and think it was in 100+' of water every now and again. If I was off by myself, it worked awesome most of the time. It was fast and I never had any issues with performance due to extreme cold.