• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a hunt'in dog???

We hunted a WPA near Hoffman yesterday and as always there was a great yellow lab who joined our hunt. The dog is a great hunting dog. He has one eye, stays close by and is wonderful at getting downed birds. He lives across the street from the WPA and has joined us every time we hunt this area. He is a very nice dog.

So, if you do not have a dog and have always wanted one to join you, do a little scouting around and have the "One Eye Bandit" join your next hunt.

PS. I'm not encouraging anybody to take the dog. Just enjoy his company. He is a nice pup!

We've had a dog that would join us on hunts out in ND. Had both eyes, all four legs, both ears and both errr ummm, you know, based on the attention he was giving the female dogs in the hunting party.

He wasn't a good hunter by any means, but sure did like to hang out. So much so that if he heard a group of hunters a mile away, give him 5 minutes and he'd be pushing birds before you got there.

I had a Saint Bernard follow us from the farmers yard and run along with us for an hour this weekend. The thing was huge, but really friendly. Problem was the thing kept on running into the cover I wanted to hunt, and there was no way I could keep up with it, and it did not want to go home. Finally just gave up and left.

The running joke for the rest of the weekend was that if the thing was going to hunt with us it better have a wooden whiskey barrel around it's neck for after the hunt.

Haha that is an awsome story, that dog must love life, joining every guy that walks the WPA and chasing roodie's. This year my dad and uncle lost his dog in a massive corn field for an hour( the dog took off in there after some birds and could not be found) They went back to the parking lot and a guy and his son were waiting there. I guess the story goes like this: Shortly after the dog took off in the corn he could not find my uncle and headed to the parking lot. When he got there this guy and his son were going to hunt the opposite way my uncle went (without a dog) and marley (my uncles dog) happily followed them. He stayed with them the whole field and even scared up a rooster for them that they shot, and retreived the bird to them to boot. While Marley was hunting with this guy and his son, my uncle was blowing his whistle and looking for the dog the whole time. Eventually my uncle went back to the parking lot and he found his dog, and got a thank you from the guy.