• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Game

Im not a trapper, so i don't know the answer to this question, but i know you may not hunt in state game refuge, but are you able to trap in stategame? We goose hunt right across the road from state game refuge and we always see a guy stop and get out and put his holster on and he will be down on the river bottom in state game for about 35 mins. Pretty sure he is trapping, just making sure that it is legal. Thanks

it depends on the county there are charts for hunting for example in olmstead you can hunt anything except waterfowl in the refuge... i dont know if trapping is the same i will look into it and see what i can find

Well I cant speak for your area but I know the couple of state game refuges' we have around here they allow trapping by permit only. They like to use it as a way to control certain species or to find out catch rates and stuff like that.