• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New home made gear

Only that the father inlaw has it drug back and forth to the lake and NEVER uses it.They put a brand new honda motor on it.

I think if they are in good shape there worth a few bucks..

I'm now looking for the splash rails for a seacraft14"

Finally traded of my sled for what was suppose to be a northwoods deep 14 and when they came to get the sled they brought this shallow narrown double oarlocked boat. I wanted the sled gone so I took the trade come to find out its some sort of ricing boat..So its going to be my next duck boat conversion..

Now I need to get the gas tank for my wire feed so I can do it right..

fishcat . i have some pics on my phone but it a nitemare trying to figyre it out lol i would help but i dont no how to

Posting pics is not that hard but there are a few steps.

1) Send the pics from the phone to your home email adress, each contact should have a area to put in an email adress.

2) You need to set up an account with an image hosting site, I use www.photobucket.com Its free.

3) Open photobucket or whatever site you chose and follow the directions to upload the photo you want to thier site.

4) after the Image is uploaded, click on it and a dropdown will come up, go down to the one that says img.... and copy it with a right click.

5) paste it in your post, thats all there is to it!!! It might sound complicated but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

snowdoes.jpg

Are there any artist in here? If so ever painted feathers?

For me its the by far hardest part of the project. Spent my free time studying and researching and its coming along. Any suggestions welcome...

Did you ever get that figured out? I made some mallard and greenwing silhouettes in august and got the teal painted and finally getting to the mallard hens over x-mas break and was trying to figure out how to do the feathers on the hens. I experimented over thanksgiving with the airbrush but dint get to experiment too long

Actually I'm finally getting the hang of it in fact I may have the first batch done this weekend. Lots of brush work....

Ben,there's always room at school for a little brush and paint booth time.Bring a couple with ya..

Not till spring.Then I have a sweet little aluminum project boat....

You guys that are thinking of making decoys drop me a email.

If I get enough serious people Ill put together a weekend this summer at the lake or possibly see about using the classroom at school. That way we could all hit the BWCA.

[email protected] or [email protected]

fishcat u must be way smartar than me as i cant figure it out good job i like the boat have you had it out? maybe my bro can help me out with my pics he was going to come over today but i think he drank a little too much last night if u know whats i mean

Yeah I have had it out quite a bit. More fishing then hunting, but it works great for both. I ended up buying another boat this past summer that had a bigger motor on it and a nice fold down blind. I put my old motor on that boat and ended up breaking even on the deal. So I now have twice the horsepower and a beautiful blind for it. Works great!! for both fishing and hunting.

Well guys here's my first go around with hens.. I went dark on this batch and figure the next 7-10 Ill go light so I have contrast in the group like I see at the park...

I may lighten up the heads a tad with a few brush strokes the light seemed to wash out any highlights go figure...But overall first shot at it I'm ok with em. Again the next batch will be a lighter phase.Im starting the burlap on 18 ducks and the little honkers tomorrow ...

My hats off to the guys who can paint like no tomorrow OMG what patience you must have

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0104_2.jpg

A good friend asked me if I had a extra decoy she could put in her lily pond. So I tweeked one up for her Christmas gift.

Her house is red with a black fence around the yard so the colors started out innocent enough but once I put the gold on it the evil started..

Kinda liked doing that so I am now thinking some of the first ones I made can be altered into this type.Actually enjoyable doing something there is no pattern for.

Here's my first attempt at a novelty decoy.

Pondduckie1.jpg

Pondduckie2.jpg

Not sure how far to go on the detailing on the feathers. I added a little but after looking at SOOOOOOOOO many concepts and actual bird photos I get more confused..

I added a speculum and WOW does the metallic jump out in lights..

The feeder is suppose to be a hen, upright a drake...

IMG_0105_3.jpg

IMG_0106_2.jpg

Let me know whatcha think. Paints cheap and its going to be a LONG weekend...