• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Distracted by bright shinny things??

meatfish

Sometimes just when I think I got a plan,something bright and shinny comes along to distract me.Today it was Whitefish,cisco,tullibee,what ever you call them.I was just planning on marking some spots b-4 green froze up and doing a little fishing,but more marking and moving.When I came up on a rubble pile there they where,every where,6ft of water and hundreds of them.ciscoes.bright shinny and everywhere(they are smoking as I type this).Now for you walleye experts here is my thinking.In a few weeks are not the walleye going to be right there eating the smallest minnows you can put on your hook?Or is my thinking wrong,I do very well in my other spots an have never even considered fishing here in the winter but have fished that shallow and done well.Any input would be appreciated.I am thinking a plain hook and a tiny crappie minnow?

jdrummer.This is a lake that I have fished since I was 5 yr old and just in the last 5 years have found out some new things about this lake and looking for more.This is a very fickle lake,and I think if I fish it every day for the next 20 years I will still have plenty to learn.My find of these cisco made me look at a part of the lake that I never considered fishing,and have never seen ice houses.But will try a house on this year.My other spots produce more fish than I need but some times I just need to learn more,not just catch fish.

thanks