• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting with 10 strangers, any good orange vests out there?

ZEEK1223

I bought a "quick spot" vest from cabelas today. I like the fact that it is light weight, and does not go under the arms for chafing issues. My concern is in the field. I can see this thing being a pain, having to fix it quite a bit. The vest I have velcros around the collar, and around the waist leaving the chest exposed, and just a thin fabric on the dogs back. I am not looking for a full vest, but do not see this thing preforming too well. Is there another product that you guys like? Maybe I just have to give this thing a chance. Cabelas only had 2 options, the skid plate type, and this lighter back strap

I bought a Remington orange dog vest a few years ago to keep my females belly from getting tore up. It stayed on very well. It worked so well my hunting partner bought one for his male. He used it pheasant opener. The dog didn't seem to be himself that morning so after a few hours he took the vest off the dog. The dog

did great after that.

I have a male now and thought I'd see how the old vest fit him. After scratching my head wondering why his undercarriage is covered up. I figured out its supposed to go on his back not his belly, but it worked good on a female.