• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thoughts on Oct. 4th opener?

Quote:
It appears as though you have shot 250 birds.

Bull- Not sure what you mean by that quote?

"Guys- to clarify things up as Browning was saying "we're at 60 birds" I assumed he was talking about his trips with friends, group kill count and etc. I did not shoot 250+ birds this fall alone, I am talking as in my group count- when I was on the hunt. I have no birds in Posession as of now."

Quote:
congrats on the great season quackaddict we have gotten 85 ducks and 28 geese this year and I love the taste off duck can eat it all year long and it does make some great jerky and your right it doesnt last very long.

Thanks- I would think that is pretty good season youre having. Jerky is awesome and a fast way to get rid of them smile I hunted with more guys this year than usually and put up bigger #'s of kill for the early goose. The field hunts have been awesome with as little of water in the fields and flooded rice too, 75% of our duck kill were mallards.

All ducks/geese were killed in MN, none in ND or whatsoever.

Elwood... I am with you! I could eat duck year round also. There is no finer meal in the world than an oven roasted wood duck!

Quack... You are proof of my theory! If you want to get ducks go where Jimbo is not! :-)

Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I love how this topic comes up every year. You can't plan on weather boys. I can remember a few years back when much of the state was locked up tight before deer season. There was also a season that may have been the very next year where I never saw ice the entire season.

MN should have a north/south split. Even IA has a split. The climate between far north and far south at any given time is enough to justify a split IMO. Let the far north start in Sept. and open up south of say Mille Lacs 2-3 weeks later. If you want to get really complicated, Alexandria and west should be considered the Central Flyway and have a different set of bag limits.

Take what you can get and be happy. We'll be out of ducks in 20-30 yrs or so.

Still some time...get 'em while you can. Whine about when the season should start after the 2nd. crazy