• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i got this caliber in a stainless a-bolt topped with a Nikon. I dont have a BOSS on my gun. I figure I can take a little recoil but a BOSS does help with recoil. put a few moose and deer down with it. I shoot 180 gr Fusion. its about the only gun I ever use. been happy with it.

Dad and I both bought one for elk hunting this year and they performed flawlessly. Here was my reasoning; better ballistics by a whisker, less kick by a little bit and everything else the same as a .300 win mag. the only downside, if you are the kind of guy who needs to buy shells in bugtussle at the hardware store, they might not have them. I am not that type of guy and will always be prepared, thus that was a nonissue for me.

I use one, have shot several deer with it using a barnes triple shock 165 grains. I love the gun. Have taken it elk hunting but haven't seen one yet to pull the trigger. I got it when it first came out, Model 70 Winchester, and it had a hard rubber recoil pad. The recoil with that was a little harsh but it's fine now that I replaced it with a Pachmayr.

A friend also has the Winchester Model 70 in the 300 WSM. He brought it over to get it sighted in and I didn't think the recoil was too bad. Nice shooting gun and all the gun you could ever want for North American big game.