• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 WI GUN DEER PICTURES!

i've hunted a some property for the past 11 years and the guy leased it. I've hunted another piece for the last 4 years the guy sold it. My brother and I didn't feel like going out on public land to see the clowns that sit in the car with shotguns. Is that good enough cooter??

Now Lets See some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

I took this doe on Saturday afternoon. A group of five came through, she was in the lead and looked to be the biggest, so I let her have it. Good size doe, and VERY tasty back straps! This is my first deer with a rifle so it was kind of special to me. Boy was it cold Saturday! Saw a total of 14 deer from my stand.

100_1772.jpg

Yeah I love this rifle. I also really like the looks of the CDL with the stainless fluted barrel. There was one at a gun show a few months ago in 30.06, with a Leupold Rifleman scope. It was used but you couldn't tell, absolutely mint condition. Beautiful rifle. I was there right at the end of the show, the guy selling was down to $625 and I didn't buy it. I must have stood there for an hour staring at it. I'm still kicking myself! Just couldn't justify it when I already have a rifle I am in love with.

Got another deer today. Was in the woods no more than 10 minutes, was walking along a ridge and spotted this guy. He took off and I could tell that he was injured. I was thinking he must have been shot by another hunter, so I shot him and he dropped. When I got down to him I saw that one front hoof was severely deformed and swollen. The other front leg was broke below the knee with the bone sticking out. Young, fat deer. I wonder how long he has been like this? Glad I put him out of his misery, there is no way this deer would have survived through the winter. He's obviously been eating okay, which makes me think he hasn't been like this for too long. At least not the broken leg. Feel sorry for a critter like him, hate to see an animal in pain. I don't think he was shot in the leg, I think he maybe got both legs caught in something. Either way, I got my Thanksgiving deer and made a good shot on him, so I'm proud of him. Here's a pic of him and the injured front legs.

100_1775.jpg

100_1785.jpg