• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP! Which motorized decoy to get?????

I'm sure you will get alot of different views on what kinds

but for myself I use the Mojo's and personally like them. The selling point for me is the durability,factor (metal wings etc) They can withstand some abuse. I have been known to put my equipment to the test and they have answered the call. I will admit they are a little noisy but WD40 can create miracles. As far as attracting birds some will tell you they have had good and negative results but I wont hunt without them. I'm that much of a beleiver. We use use windducks until we can legally use our motorized one's. The late season mallards really key on them and as far as field hunting mallards set a few out and the ducks will be right in your lap.

icehawk is right on it! I have a lot of success with mojos and do perfer the metal winged ones. We have also made a "vortex machine" that spins 2 lucky ducks around that works wonders also. They work better on land than water IMO! Water i have more successs with a jerk string. On land however they work great. But you still do have to scout and find the birds and what field they want to have the quality hunts. Find where they roost and follow them off in the morning and find where there going and get that field or fields on the path. Same method goes for Geese but i would eliminate the mojo's. They dont like mojos all that much. Have shot a few geese over mojo's but most of the time they flare!!!

Oh yeah and welcome to the sport of duck hunting! If you have any other questions just ask and good luck on the rest of the season and seasons to come.

I use 2-3 mojos on water (Flooded Rice, Sheet water in fields) or field and they have worked great for me this year. Like rattle said he sees them work better on Land, its the same way for me. Make sure you use them where they are legal! Only problem I have is that the wings come off sometimes, and sinks in water if youre hunting on water...they also make magnet wings without screws and hassle, I have not tried them but I've consider trying them. You won't go wrong with any MOJO you buy...robos get the job done too.

i have two floaters and love them one is a mallard master with little splashy deals that can be used to create havoc on the water( lots of motion and ripples) and one is a wonderduk(sp) thier are pro's and cons to all of them just try and get one on sale I have an expedite on a stick and three wind driven ones also. everyone has one thats why I have five out sometimes. good luck and hope you find one on sale as I said b4

97B.085 USE OF RADIOS TO TAKE ANIMALS.

Subdivision 1.Radio use in taking game prohibited.

A person may not use radio equipment to take big game or small game.

Subd. 2.Taking unprotected wild animals; permit required.

A person may not use radio equipment to take unprotected wild animals without a permit. The commissioner may issue a permit to take unprotected animals with radio equipment. The commissioner shall cancel the permit upon receiving a valid complaint of misconduct regarding the permittee's hunting activities.

Subd. 3.Communication excepted.

This section does not prohibit the use of:

(1) one-way radio communication between a handler and a dog; or

(2) a remote-controlled animal noise caller for taking crows, fur-bearing animals, and unprotected animals.

History:

1986 c 386 art 2 s 18; 1991 c 166 s 1; 1992 c 479 s 1; 2007 c 131 art 1 s 40

This is from experience....

The Mojo with metal wings is a good choice. BUT it eats up batteries faster than any other brand. It creates a good flash, and is effective

The Lucky will run FOREVER! Creates god flash, is effective. Builet very well.

Overall I would get a Lucky with metal wings.

This is right out of the MN Hunting Regulations. Page 28 on the bottom of the page.

Radios and Other Wireless Devices

• Using walkie talkies, cell phones, remote control or other radio

equipment to take big game or small game is unlawful.

• A DNR permit is required to take unprotected animals with the

aid of radio equipment, see page 25.

Sorry guys for the late reply and Thanks for all the info. I will be buying a Mojo, the one with metal wings. I hunt WI and they are legal. I went to a few local stores in the metro and well they are sold out. Its kind of late to be looking. Anyone find a good deal let me know! THanks! Anyone still ducking???

Im going out this weekend to try and shoot a couple hardy mallards, planing on busting a hole in a river between the roost and field they are feeding in and coaxing a few down with the call.

I got some advice for you on the mojo however, if your hunting and the ducks wont decoy or are decoy shy take it down, they dont work as well as they used to and become mojo wary very fast. Good luck man and I hope your succesful, waterfowling can be very exciting and its nice to hear about new people geting into the sport.

I bought a mojo floater this year and love it. Adds real-life motion to the decoys. If you hunt water thsi is the way to go, no stakes to worrk about, just set it out and let it works its mojo.

Diddo. Bought one this fall and used it all season with great luck on anything from redheads to ringnecks to mallards decoying right in. I mostly hunt water for ducks, but I'm going to make a little pole that I can use to get it up in the air for visibility when field hunting.