• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Harvest in MN

jltimm

According to what I read in the Outdoor News this years harvest of deer is only down 23,000 from last year? I would of thought it was alot worse than that from my own sightings and who I've heard from? Whats the deal, is a small percentage of people shooting 5 deer a piece to make up for all of us that are seeing no deer?

I believe this is what I read on here in the last couple weeks from lcornici.

From past statistics, less than 5% of the hunting population takes more than 2 deer.

So to answer your question jltimm, the statistics would say thats not whats happening.

I am shocked too we are that close to normal. Who'd a thunk it.

I blame the DNR 100%. Why couldnt they have told me to sit in the swamp where my brother in law shot a nice buck? They could have made the weather nicer at least. I also think they should put more trophy bucks in the woods around my area.

for our group 7 of us 1 doe was took only one with a doe tag, but seen deer but no bucks, oh well more deer for next year? but i can say that the group to the east of use all filled out 12 for 12 good for them, but they had the corn still out.

Our party did about the same as every other year. The big difference is the locations of deer shot. ALL deer we shot were deep in the swamps and low land. Nobody hunting outside of those type of areas even saw a deer. Pressure was the same. I think it was just weather. We were able to adjust and still take the same number of deer we usually do.

my .02