• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curly Sues

I have 2 of them, and they are the size that is close to a pound. I have thrown them a little, but I haven't really figured them out. Seems I have to work them slow to keep the lure to run straight. The plastic/rubber seems very strong on these baits. If I could only get them to run the way I want them to......

As for color, that really depends on the lake and its forage. Match the hatch and you will be fine. More natural colors in clear water I have found work for me.

I love them too, I add a weight to the front to get them to run the way I want. It's tough to work them fast and get them deep.

Bulldawgs have been bad in the past, all the one's i've gotten within the last 2 months have been very good. Thorne has mag dawgs for $12 while they last.

I have the 9, 11, and 13" sue's. Walleye, black, sucker, black and orange are all good choices. I'm looking to get some of the shallow versions this winter to use as surface baits next year.

Hey not trying to hijack the post, but if you want the durable of the durable -- try a swamp donkee -- they have similar action to the sues and dawgs -- but the body is made form solid mold plastic. These babies are durable -- the tails are soft and replaceble/ interchangable. Just another option to consider.

tight lines

dan