• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX5 New

Neiko

Is the flasher this year new compared to last year? I think this year says 2500 Watts and can't remember what mine was last year but for some reason I was thinking 2000. Just want to make sure I have the top of line.LOL

Neiko,

I believe it will be difficult for you to tell the difference between the 2. But just hit up one of the Marcum Challenges and compare for yourself.

Are they going to do a Marcum challenge with the new Humminbird units? I would like to see the two in action side by side. I'm thinking about an upgrade and it's down two these two units.

Green Diver:

The answer is yes, and not just Humminbirds.

Alot of debates have gone on for different brands for years, but the point of the Marcum Challenge is to compare the on-ice performance of all the flashers out there. That's how confident Marcum is in their features and performance.

Joel

I noticed that my new powerhead has a white plastic layer over the NBT and SFL indicator lights. My old unit is black or clear over these indicator lights. Anyone know if this is a 2500W unit?? Just wondering.

I would guess it is. Besides the increase in power, back-lit NBT and SFL buttons were a new feature this year as well.

December 20, 2008

White Bear Lake, MN

Ramsey Beach Public Access

12:00 Noon

January 03, 2009

Mille Lacs, MN

Fisherman's Wharf Resort

January 10, 2009

Upper Red Lake, MN

West Wind Resort

January 24, 2009

Gull Lake, MN

Hole-in-the-Day Bay

3:00 PM *

February 7, 2009

Shawano, WI

Shawano Lake

7:00 AM – 5:00 PM

I will be at the one on Red and in Brainerd on Gull. This will be a great event for multiple reasons. If you want to see how great the MarCum units are in action here is your chance and the second is you get to fish... I run MarCum units for my guide service and everything from the sensitivity to the durability is top notch. The new Lx-5 have even a better IR and the extra 500 watts will be nice....

Good luck this hardwater season---

Beef

With the new LX-5's you get the power, back-lit SFL and NBT, Auto Tune (patent pending) and take a look at the sim mode difference between this year and last years model, WOW! I noticed the medium signal green got an immediate bump. Didn't think they could make a crisper display but surprise surprise. I can't wait to see this unit in heavy weed cover, it's gonna be sick with the NBT engaged. Only other difference I saw is that the softpack's previous to this years LX-5's had LX-5 embroidered on the front and this years softpack does not.

Now all we need is ice boys...

I have heard a nasty rumor that when a guy has a lx-5 in the house and his buddy runs with the vexilar his buddy is out of luck and can't drown out the interference from the lx-5. Can anybody verify this one way or another?

No that is not correct ... I have a friend with an LX-5. Fished in an Clam 6800 with an LX-5, FL-20,FL-18 no problem fishing without interference. Before that we fished in a 5600 with his LX-5 and FL-8, also not problem. This was in metro area lakes in depths from 30-8 FOW.

No you can not create interference on a Vexilar or other units...I have tried to mess up my buddies numorous times and failed every time. Only time I have seen trouble in the rentals is when someone does not turn on the Inereference Rejection and normaly that is from two or more like units side by side.

One fishing trip each winter three of us go to LOW, all fish in a small fish house and run a LX-3, LX-5 and FL-8 without any issues.

It takes a bit of fine tuning, but it all works out in the end.

marine_man

Same here although I have an LX-5 and LX-3 and my buddy has an FL-18. With a little coordinated effort we easily tune out the interference on all 3 flashers.