• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Ice Auger

capmorgan

9" isnt much heavier at all. Big weigfht difference is if ya go from 2 horse to 3 horse. My 10" 3 horse Jiffy Legend is a pig but it keeps cutting year after year.
Go with the 9" especially if only running a 2 horse. Dont go 10" unless ya go 3 horse.

go with the 9 inch. there isn't anything that will fit through a 10 inch hole that wont fit through a 9 inch hole unless you count the 10 inch frabil round tip ups. my 2 horse 9 inch jiffy is all the auger i need. and the chances of you losing a dog or a small child will be a little lower

I have a 10" jiffy with the 3hp, like northlander and am happy with it. This will be my 4th season with it and never a problem. A 9" would be nice for when you are fishing with the tip-ups though. The 10" just seems a little too big sometimes, though its good for sight fishing and gaffing the bigger fish also.

I think it completely depends on what you are fishing as far as size of auger to get. If you plan to used it for panfish and walleyes a 8 will be perfect. If you plan on fishing for giant pike go bigger the 9 or 10. In my opinion you can never have a big enough hole. There is nothing worse than losing a fish on the bottom of the ice because you couldn't get it head started up the hole. I have lost to many big northerns at lake of the woods fishing in resort houses with 8" holes. Another thing to consider is do you run a vex or marcum because you throw a transducer in the hole your 8" gets pretty little. Like Mentioned your big weight difference it with the motor. I myself have 2 10" jiffys I wouldn't buy a different brand or size myself. My last one I bought was a stealth and they are great. It just pulls itself though the ice and if you are reopening a hole they are better than most all otheres. Glad you are considering a stealth definatley worth the money.