• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Land

vanhea20

I am relatively new to the Cold Spring area and am thinking about getting into bow hunting next year. I don't know a lot of people in the area that have land to hunt on and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good way to go about finding a place to hunt. I know of a few different pieces of public land I could hunt on but I would prefer to hunt private land. Any thoughts or commonts would be appreciated.

We'd all prefer to hunt private land.

Find all the public land within the distance you'r ewilling to drive, check them out online on the DNR's webpage. Rule out the ones you don't want and make a list of the ones to visit.

Maybe make a few calls to the CO or wildlife guys in the area.

If you want to find private land, you gotta burn some boot leather and knock on doors. If someone here knew of someone who WANTED hunters to come out they would've said so and I can guarantee there isn't anyone offering their land for deer for free. They may let you on, but not unless you ask them and introduce yourself.

Explain that you want to BOWHUNT. That makes a difference to people. Also offer maybe only hunting for does. If they say they have people who gun hunt then offer to hunt late season only after the gun hunters are done.