• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No-Knot Fas- Snap

Coon

I use them on all my jigs etc, When my hands get cold I cannot seem to make a new knot. I figure that the time lost while re-tying a jig vrs. clipping a new one on is in my favor. Of course I am jigging constantly and if I had just a vertical presentation (jig + minnow + dead stick)I tie those directly on.

Of course you're not going to be able to change knot position on a jig with them, but for quick changing lures I thought it would be the cats bark, and used them for awhile with good sucess, but stopped because of lost lures. Somehow every now and then they would un-snap from the lure.

I use them a lot and I like em. Your jigs really come alive and if its a horizontal jig it will stay that way. They can be a little tough to change lures sometimes but, its easier than re-tying every time you want to change jigs. For the price I would say give them a try

I use these lil dudes all the time.. at certain times depending what specie i am fishing for, how cold my finger tips are,from fishing out in the elements.. I have never lost a lure, jig , blade bait, or spoon.. They make these in differant sizes.. I use these snaps while jiggin for walleyes over differant structure if i am on the move on a nice day.. as far as taking away action from a lure, you can apply a small swivell to a number of your favorite lures etc.. then just "snap" on to that.. But, to answer the question, if you give them a try you may like them.. I like to loop through the eyelet twice.. Small dia. but have patience..

For trying to pattern fish, I use it. For hooking finicky fish, I don't. I don't like the little point that sticks out of it, sometimes stops the hook from penetrating. I use a rather soft hook setting, so this contradicts my hooksetting style. My preference is using Spro hyper snaps.

Lead head style jigs I alway tie direct - especially if designed for a horizontal presentation.

Otherwise I use the quick staps on all my spoon style and swim lures. I like to experiment with the whole arsenal of lures, so it is not uncommon for me to switch out lures quite a bit - the snaps mean a lot less wasted time (especially in cold conditions with hard to see 2# diameter line).

If I remember correctly the No-Knot is kinda stiff so getting them on & off can be tricky using your fingers, especially cause they're so small. Often times I use my forceps to make it easier. I also have another brand (not sure it it is gander) that is much easier to work with and had a little wider loop to allow more room for the lure to move freely.

Otherwise I use the quick staps on all my spoon style and swim lures. I like to experiment with the whole arsenal of lures, so it is not uncommon for me to switch out lures quite a bit - the snaps mean a lot less wasted time (especially in cold conditions with hard to see 2# diameter line).

What he said ^^^

I do like to tie dirrect to my smaller lead head jigs when dancing plastics, but with minnows or on set lines, the snaps get the go.