• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TOMORROW - Cool Cats 2005 - Saturday, 3/5/05

Dennis Steele

Cool Cats 2005 has come and gone but it will not be forgotten. I had a great time meeting old friends and makeing new ones. The cats were a little tough but they have seen alot of pressure lately and are a little finiky. Hopefully a few people who never iced a cat had the opportunity to do it that day. They are addictive once you hook a few. The class of people at this gathering was second to none. I got a first hand look at what FM is all about haveing more fun!!!!

Dennis thanks for all you did to make this happen. I also would like to thank all of the sponsors for there contributuions. I was really glad to see a few of the little fisher people (Kids) win some great products, this is definately the future of our sport and the excitement they show is what it's all about.

I really enjoyed meeting new faces Deitz,Hanson,Brk,Gull-Guide,PaulW,Cory B and a few others. Hopefully we get a chance to fish to-gether again.

Nice to fish with some old faces like Dennis,MattJ,Rick,and Borch. I still think in time I could turn Borch the walleye man into a cat man grin.gifgrin.gif

Rick nice to see you again. I will admit you really got my wheels turning on the Nills Master Auger. People this thing is fast, light and cuts ice like butter. I definately think this auger would really benefit my style of run and gun fishing.

All in all looking forward to next years Cool-Cats and meeting other fmers in the future. A big thanks to everyone I had a blast.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cudos to FM and its contributors/volunteers for putting on a great event. I was surprisingly pleased to witness such an amazing turn-out. It was my pleasure to finally place faces with names as this was my first FM event ever, and definately won't be the last. Hopefully the dead smelt I passed around helped some of you catch a kitty or two. It was really nice to see the youngin's win the big prizes; their faces were priceless and I think we have made fishermen(girls) for life with events like this.

Thanks again and I look forward to dropping a line in the future with you folks.

Stephen

Cool Cats was a blast! It was awesome to see such a huge turnout! The food was great, fishing was decent and the company was tough to beat! Several people got their first catfish through the ice yesterday and some people even caught their first catfish whether it's open water or under the ice, very cool!!

I had a lot of fun talking with some of you and getting a chance to put a few more faces with some of the names I see here on FM all the time. It was also nice to see some of the familar faces and catch up on fish stories smile.gif

Highlight of the day for me was watching Corey's daughter catch a 5 pound catfish!! I got it on video and here's a link if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.mattjohnsonoutdoors.com/HorseshoeChain.html

Way to go Brooke! Awesome catch!

A lot of fun had by all and I'm definitely already looking forward to next year! grin.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

The real thanks goes to all that attended Cool Cats. You all are what made Cool Cats a great event.

I put together Cool Cats because its fun for me. I really enjoy meeting good people, spending time on the water with friends and sharing the sport of fishing. I now have more friends and it was a very rewarding day for me.

Thank You!

A big thanks to everyone who brought something to share for lunch. There was so much food, I could hardly beleive it!

Beans, chili, brats, goose jerky, beef sticks, smoked fish, cookies, bars, chips, cheese and crackers, and thanks to those who donated fish and their catch of the day!

I would also like to thank those who helped me put Cool Cats together.

Rick and Paul Waldowski. Always supportive of what I do.

Icehawk, The Chemist and Matt Johnson for sharing tips on catching cats with every one.

Dietz, Paul and WWG for helping getting some of that ice out of our way!

Borch for helping with the fryers.

And everyone else who lended a hand.

I'd also like to thank all the IceLeaders sponsors for making the prizes and the event possible.

JR's Tackle

Scenic Tackle

Marcum Technologies

Otter Outdoors

Custom Jigs and Spins

Todays Tackle

Nils Master

Stone Legacy

Bad Dog Lures

Lakemaster Maps

Thorne Brothers

Beaver Dam Tip ups

Lazy Jigger

Air Plugs

Islander Lures

Fish Fever

Road King

A special thanks to these great sponsors for being so generous for my "little" event.

Midwest Rod and Reel for donating that custom ice rod. Believe me, it was difficult not to let that one slide into my rod bag!

grin.gif

JR's Tacklefor donating rod and gear bags as well as some very effective tackle for catching cats. Those rod bags are a sweet deal!

Scenic Tackle For donating lots of Go Devils, my go to lures for icing cats.

Jason Boser for donating the fish fry batter. That was some tasty stuff!

Well I hear they have started playin the music...so its time to get off the stage. wink.gif

Once again thanks to eveyone. It made my day!

YES- Cool Cats was a great time and enjoyed every minute of it! Hopefully that was the last time I will see everyone on the ice before the warm weather comes and stays (I won't be able to make the rainy event) confused.gif

It was great to see some old and some new faces (Icehawk)! Sorry Borch I didn't stick around long enough to introduce myself. We will meet in time--sooner than later I hope:)

Take a look at the footage Matt took of Corey's daughter fighting a catfish! I got to witness that catch- great to see a younger angler getting hooked on fishing at that age!! It helps to have a dad who knows where to fish too:)

Again thanks to everyone that made the event happen!!

Quote:

I still think in time I could turn Borch the walleye man into a cat man
grin.gifgrin.gif

Well we'll have to see. I know you've got a soft spot for those kitties. But I know you're a diehard when it comes to those pannies. grin.gif

I know my dad would really like to get into a good mess of them. Although everytime I've taken him cat fishing my mom won't talk to me for a couple of weeks. laugh.gif She just hates those cats.

We'll have to get out again soon.