• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TOMORROW - Cool Cats 2005 - Saturday, 3/5/05

Dennis Steele

Cool Cats, look out! Here come the Hopper's, MR & Mrs. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Actually she gave the nod this morning and I still got the adreniline going in the blood.

She says; " It might be fun to catch a big old ugly catfish"! LOL grin.gif

See everybody there!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I knew you'd be comming HoleHopper!

I would just like to mention that everyone needs to come and see me when they get there. We will be giving away some prizes at noon when we have the fish fry and the price to get in on the give aways is to say hello to me! grin.gif

Miss out on another chance to get together with all of my FM budds, and meet new FM budds? A chance to win great fishing tackle from all the sponsers of FM who make this sight free for all of us? Not to mention learning new things to try, places to go, and species to catch?........And the ultimate???........Catfish Nuggets!!!

You kidding me? This is a no brainer!!! grin.gif

See you Sat. morning Dennis

I can hardly wait...I am bringing 5 people...all kittie rookies.

The pot luck will be fun as well...I am pulling my perm down...it will be a good windbreak to cook by.

I just picked up a couple more sppons...could not find the "Go Devil" or "Go Spoons" referred to earlier.

There are bound to be sunnies in the same area for the kids as well???

Not a whole lot of sunfish action in the immediate area we'll be fishing, but there are a pile of rock bass down there smile.gif I can search around for some pannies and see if I can find something close by to where we'll be fishing...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

If I were to show up, what kind of bait should I show up with? ALSO, if I make a big dutch oven of bar-be-qued beans for the pot luck, would people say its not worthy of they're pallates and make me leave in disgrace????

I wouldn't get into the fish house of anyone that was eating them grin.gif j/k, I was thinking about whippin' up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. It only makes about two dozen, so it will be first come, first serve. I promise I wont use exlax. smile.gif See you all there!

Bob, If those are the same beans you brought to Carver...they are worthy of my palate!

Lets see, we have beans, chili, fryed fish, possibly Exlax, and we are fishing near the methane hole.... Don't light a match!!! grin.gif

For bait, you'll do fine with fatheads or crappie minnows. If I had some crawlers left over from last season, I'd be giving them a try too.

MM-

Either is fine. I have a small crosslok or duolock snap tied to the end of my line. That makes it pretty quick and easy to change spoons. Otherwise, I'd just tie it direct to the split ring which your spoon should have.

I have the beans simmering, three kinds of meat and five kinds of beans. BUT the tiny hole on the bottle of hot sauce came out while shaking it and it is a littttle too hot spiced. But I mellowed it out with some cheese. All I ask is that anyone eating it spend the rest of the day downwind of me. grin.gifgrin.gif See you on the ice. I also have a bag of surgical scissors that are looking for new homes, to anyone who wants them. Work great in the tackle box.

32 degrees right now... supposed to be 44... a little overcast... looks like a good day to be on the ice smile.gif

The truck is loaded and it's time to go cattin'! See everyone shortly cool.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Hey Matt,

At the time of your post this morning pout-slayer and myself had already been on the road for a little over an hour!!! A big thanks to Dennis Steele and crew for setting things up. The food was great and it was nice meeting everyone. You could not have asked for a nicer day.

Thanks to all the sponsors for the great prizes. I will enjoy using my new Midwest rod. Thanks again for the great day.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

BD-I was in the same boat as you.. Left the house at 4:15 am.. got home at 7:30 PM... what a day.. Now that is what FishingMinnesota.com is all about. Friendship, meeting people, making new friends and trying something new..

Today I caught my 1st ever Catfish threw the ice.. My first ever Catfish that I was trying to catch(I had caught a few trying to fish for bass) I ended up catching 4 threwout the day.. What a blast.

Dennis, this may go down as one of the best FM get togeathers ever! Great job on throwing togeather the pot luck and frying the fish...

Thanks to you and IceHawk, and Matt Johnson, and Corey and Hanson, for the tips on how to pull these fish threw the ice! I am already pumped for Cool Cats 2006~

Dennis and Rick, that was a great event. I had never caught a cat through the ice before. They really don't like to leave the water, do they? To anyone who ate the beans that I made, I,m not responsible for the afteraffects. It was great to meet you guys. And a great feed. To the guy who won the Midwest rod instead of me---ihateyouihateyouihateyou. grin.gif

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thanks Dennis and Icehawk!!!

What a great time and a huge turnout. I met so many friendly FMers and super nice friends of FMers that made my day such a great time to be on the ice.

Talk about community, fun and just plain ol' good people. Plenty of kids brought by dad and some brought by mom and dad. It was nice to see the gals out as well.

Dark30 it was an absolute pleasure to see you again. As for the rest of you too numerous name (in case I forget someone and get myself in trouble) -

Thank YOU for sharing good times and having more fun with everyone!!!!

Hey there...from myself and my three boys...THANK YOU!!

We had to bug out @ about 3:00PM as the little guy was soaked to the skin...but I just put them all to bed...they are still talking about Cool Cats...I love thier question..."Can we go again next year?

Checking out the Otter Lodges made my decsion on which portable to buy a no brainer.

Look forward to seeing everyone in the future...

Dietz...be sure to say hi to my buddy.

Thanks again:)

The kids all had a great time(the big kids too). If it weren't for those water traps they might still be out there playing. wink.gif

Just another great great FM event!

Thanks to all that made it successful.

Borch

What a great event this was. In addition, the turnout was much better than I was anticipating. With all those vehicles and augers running on the ice, I was not shocked to see the cats acting very finicky! Most of the kitties were caught in the first hour or so of the event starting, including 1 nice cat landed by myself. I might add my cat came on a hook with a piece of cut shiner under an Icebuster Bobber within 2' of the bottom. Sometimes, it couldn't be simpler to fish for these cats.

I think its safe to say everybody had an awesome time. Sometimes, it seamed like more people were chatting and lingering around the food table than fishing. That is great since it allowed me to place a few faces with names I've known online now for a couple years.

I too, can't wait for Cool Cats 2006!!