• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hutchinson Report ***Updated***

Anyone been out by Hutchinson? I'm thinking about heading there this week. What's the corn situation?

***Another Update*** Was out today 12/5/08 kicked up 6 Hens, 1 Rooster all of the Hens in the thickest Cattails I could find, and the one Rooster was running on me in a Ravine.

***Update*** Was out just south of Hutchinson in a few WMAs and WPAs, alot of the corn is down, and the cattails are just freezing up. We put up 9 hens, and 1 rooster, almost all out of range, didn't even take a shot. I thought I would have seen more in the cattails, but most of them were in the groves. I have a young pointer, and he didn't even get close to them, real spooky birds. It was fun, I just wish I could have got the pup's nose on top of a bird.

I had one hen get up and cross the road right in front of a car, I think the lady driving thought I was going to shoot her, you should have seen her face. I could only image what her expression would have been like had I actually shouldered my gun.

Safe Huntin'

I have been out that way a couple of times. There is still some corn standing but they were hard at it Sunday. I haven't seen many birds in the area though. I am not sure how it was in past years since I am new to MN pheasant hunting. I am still trying to figure out where to go in this state.

Still alot of corn and it has been a struggle in the hutch area. Hunted a WMA so. of town last week 3 hrs saw 3 hens.I have been having more success in the litchfield area and will be venturing further west as time allows. Adam

There is some state land between hutch and biscay that has produced for me couple times this year. When i hunted it there was still a lot of corn around there yet. But i'm assuming if its not gone already it shouldn't be long. Might as well give it a shot. Your not gonna shoot anything otherwise.

I Hunted a wma just East of hutch for 2 hours yesterday. Got 1 rooster and saw 2 hens. Not bad for 2 hrs but when i have more time i will be going further west and hunting hutch when i just have an hour or 2. Adam