• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

stud pattern?

dan z

I have a rip saw track that I want to put studs in for some ice traction. what is the smallest patern availible? I only have 66 studs out of an old track. just looking for some added ice traction. can I just make one up? thanks guys!

Dan, you should at least try to go 2 per bar, which is 96 studs however your could get by with 1 per, which would be 48 on a 121" track. You could try going on the Woody's traction products page and they have some pattern examples on there to look at. (at least they used to)!

I was hoping to only use like 50 to 60 studs and skipping a window I made a personal pattern ans am wondering if it would just add a traction 3-2-0-2-3-0-3-2-0-2-3-0-3-2-0 and so on I think I have enough for the whole belt if I did my math right. has ne one else made a homemade pattern?

http://www.wiem.com/catalog/details_product.aspx?id=1029041142485016&cat=13#

Try this one, it's for a 48 stud pattern. 2 per bar, skipping every other window. I hope the link works if not I could e-mail it to you. I think this would be the best way for you to go to keep everything balanced. Make sure that the first two studs in the first row are closest together then on the next row space them out a little bit and the same for the third row. Then start over again, this will give your more "scratch lines" and the most traction possible for the studs your installing. Hope I explained that good enough, if not hollar back and I'll try steer you in the right direction! Good luck! grin

peir, I used a pattern kinda like yours worked out perfect I used 66 studs and really like how it looks.

thanks for the tips guys I will post how it increases tration when thier is snow

Iam not looking for huge gains just some added traction in hard pack snow. If I wanted huge gains I would have bought longer ones and put more in. I got these studs from an old track so no lose for me! So. Im LMAO cuz you cuz wasted a reply.

ya but the studs are basically doing nothing even in snow if there not longer than the track! my brother-in-law works on snowmobiles and atvs for a living at action sports in marshall and he looked at ur pic and said there not goin to do a darn thing!!! up to you i guess

I know I'm a hard head about stuff I dont know much about and I learned the other day that Scott is right they dont do sheauot gonna buy some longer ones later in the year, christmas comes first then I will start lookin at longer studs.

haha! im like that too just gotta see it for myself!! how long are the lugs on your track? i would go about 3/8 inch longer than the lug if your doing trail/hard snow riding otherwise if your just using it on Washington wink for fishing id go longer....

its a trail sled to so gotta keep them short, we dont use it very much on the ice just a few of them nice days that I dont feel like drivin the truck all over the lake. it has a 1.25" track and I am thinkin that the studs that are 1.325 will fit the bill just fine. 3/8" longer than lug the stud they would have to be 1.75" studs more like dagger to me and they arent cheap!