• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Armor Suits

poutpro

LOL,

For HSO Arctic Armor, Red/Black was the first.. its the original..

Camo was second, it does not have the extra outer layer at the knees and seat.

Green/Black is the new. Not sure what they could do to make it better, I have yet to wear the green/black so I have no opinion!

I have the red/black and I have the camo.. Both are awesome and you would have to pry them from my cold dead hands to get them from me!!!!!!

There is a difference for the HSO Arctic Armor suits. The red/black has re-enforced knees and seat as does the green/black.. the green/black I think has polar fleece liner? The camo doesnt have the re-enforeced knees and seat, but then again, probably doesnt need it. I have shot 2 deer late season archery with the camo outfit on. . Worth its weight in gold.. I have my red/black suit on every time I hit the ice now.. Again, WIWIG(worth its weight in gold).

The camo HSO Arctic Armor Suit is also a much softer and quieter material. It works great for archery hunting. I have used the camo the last two seasons for deer hunting and it has performed with a hitch.

As far as the insulation material, Its Insultex, which is a great insulator and is also very lightweight which makes for a very light and non bulky suit.

I assume we are talking Arctic Armor and not Ice Armor (Clam Corp).
I have black ice armor bibs. The upper part comes off so they are just pants. I hate that. I wish they were regular bibs. I do like them as just pants, but having bibs keep my plumbers crack covered when sitting over the hole all day.

how many people use Ice Armor--Clam Corp.

Not as good as Arctic Armor? Pros/Cons? what does everyone have/Use

Many Ice Fisherman lean towards the Artic Armor for one reason. ARTIC ARMOR WILL FLOAT YOU LIKE A LIFE JACKET. Ice Armor will keep you warm just like the Arctic Armor but won't float you if you go through the ice. Do to the saftey benefits of Artic Armor it seems to have won over many.

IMHO the blue ice armor suit isn’t worth the money! 1 ½ years on the suit not 2 full ice seasons and it is starting to weep and hold moister and transfer it inside! Never washed or abused just doesn’t live up to the hype! The grey all they did to that is change color and add a zip in liner. Now I feel that I need to treat it with camp dry or something to keep the rain and sleet out, and hope it still breaths if not it is a big kick in the junk!! When you spend a 3rd of your mortgage payment on something you want it to last, and that’s not happening! Don’t get me started on the gloves! Next time around I’m going green A.A.

Lm90

Scott

I have both gloves, and the originals weren't very good, I love the Ice ArmorX ones though.

As far as Ice Armor goes, there's just blue/black, and grey/black. The blue/black doesn't really have a thick liner, where the grey/black has a much better liner (you can't remove it though.

I can see that Artic Armor has a Big PLUS factor of it floating well kinda but anyway

well i always was looking at the ice armor but hear what LM90 says about it losing it goods after a few years i am not to sure now? Anyone else has this kind of luck

No complaints about the Ice Armour Here. Used it last season and kept a heck of a lot warmer than anything in the past. I tend to get cold very easy, and the blue suit has got the job done for me. Now i just need a pair of mickey boots to keep the feet warm.

In regards to the ice Armor suit, I owned a grey 3 piece suit and was very happy with its performance. After 2 years, the suit still looked like new. My wife did clean it quite a bit.

Now, my HSO Arctic Armor is just as warm or maybe warmer, the HSO Arctic Armor is also lighter with better insulating qualities and the best part of all, it may save ones life if they were to fall into the water. For about the same money spent, I will continue to use my Arctic Armor.

Harvey- Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge the grey suit has only been available since 2007. How is it that you have had one for 3 years?

I bought my first portable in 1988, it was a HECO (spelling?) made out of Harmony, MN. I've been in this game for too long. I remember fishing with side winders, sticks and line. I've come a long way since then, and try to stay up to date on everything new that comes out.

I've never been given anything for free, I've bought everything I have and I always try to give my honest opinion about the products I have used. I bought my Ice Armor-Clam Corp Suit in Feb 2006, and it is no longer waterproof. I have not abused my suit and have tried to take very good care of it. I am VERY disappointed with the suit and would not buy another one, or recommend it to anyone. I don't even know that if I were given another one for free I would accept it. HSO AA took the idea and made it better. And that's the way I see it. I'm hoping to be able to get the HSO AA suit soon, out of my own pocket. I know a lot of people get stuff for free to try out, but I don't think anyone can give an honest opinion about something when they have been given a product free of charge to try out.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, just giving my opinion. That's what we are all here for anyway. I respect everyone that posts their opinions and visits this board. I'm here for the same reason as everyone, trying to get new ideas and knowledge.

LM90

Scott