• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Friday Deals

Windy City

Avoid the WII and get a decent game system. I got one last year and I am still waiting for them to release some decent games. Unless you like games like wii sports and lego whatever. The only good game thats come out has been the starwars one. Its good enough if your 7 but if you want more adult titles than hannah montana look elsewhere

Get the new Call of Duty 5 for your Wii I have played it for 360 and i bet its better on Wii but you need to buy guns with it i think?

I went out this morning and got myself a TV. went to wal-mart and got a 42" LCD for $598. It's a polaroid, so it's not as good as a sony, but I've wanted to upgrade for some time and the deal seemed pretty good!! I'm pretty excited! too bad the kids are home, so far all I've been able to see on it are Tom and Jerry and Dora!

that being said, I'll NEVER go out on black friday morning again!! that was nuts!!

I love the Black Friday deals, but I don't like people so that poses a problem. I got the same TV as you. Haven't got it connected yet, but can't wait, that was a deal on that TV.

I actually started shopping yesterday. Hit Kmart for a DVD player for my kids room at 7 AM. Went to my Brother-in-laws for T-day and he said the Gander in Forest Lake oped at 3 on Thursday. So we stopped there on the way home and got my meat grinder. Got home and jumped on Best Buy and got the X-box bundle with four games for $299 and a few other things.

This morning I hit Penny's at 4 AM. I always get my wife the free Mickey Mouse snow globe you get there so I have to hit that. From there, short drive to Walfart. I don't know why they don't hand out the coupons like other stores do to prevent the stampede. To make it worse about 4:30 they opened the outer doors so a few hundred of us were in the entrance waiting for the interior doors to open. Once they did people pushed and shoved and trampled. I walked at a normal pace, grabbed a cart and found tons of TV's left. No need to be jerk-baits about it. Left there and hit Best Buy for the Harmony Remote they were out of online. Hit the truck and went to Menards. Stockpiled a cart there. Got a 2hp 1000w generator for $100 and then some other things. Pretty much done after that. Got home at 8:30 and had a truckload. I save up to shop this day because of the deals. More and more are starting to sell online on Thursday. Had I known sooner, I probably coulda got most of the deals from my home so I'll be looking to do that next year.

Quantum Energy PT reel, normally $180, had them for $100 at Gander. Picked up two.

Normally the wife and I get up early for the deals but this year we didn't. We got back into town from vacation late Thursday night and looking thru the adds, we didn't find anything that was that great of a deal. We don't need any cheap computers or need to upgrade any TVs (that what she keeps telling me anyways) so we slept in till 7, then went out.

...I'll be in bed either way smile

I was too grin.

I got up really early about two years ago to get to Duhnam's Sports in Virginia when it opened at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. They had AK-47s for $180 and I really wanted one. It wasn't a debacle in the store at all, pretty tame actually. A gal was in right after me to make the same purchase as a X-mas present for her husban (what a woman! grin).

That is the only time I have participated in the madness grin

This year we did a little shopping on Black Friday. A trip to Red Rock Wilderness Store for some fishing gear and my wife decided we should get a new TV as an X-mas present for ourselves. Pamida in Ely had 32" Sony flat screen for $499 yesterday (went up to $649 today WOW! and we complain about gas going up $0.10 in a day grin). The atmosphere was pretty mellow at both places we went to.

Circuit City had a smoking deal on a Sony LCD the day BEFORE Thanksgiving. Co-worker of mine came running over and said you HAVE to check this out! The sale was listed on the CC HSOforum but the stores were honoring it or had them on sale as well, can't remember.

46" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p 120Hz on sale for $1299 down from $2199 ($900 off)

The were still selling the 42" comparable Bravia for $1399.

Sooooo... much bigger TV for $100 less!

Still sounds spendy for a TV but remember its 1080p and 120Hz on the refresh rate. Much better quality!

He went to Ultimate Electronics to have them beat the price and the guy said no way unless you want us to lose $500 on the TV.

Co-worker then ran to Circuit City where he picked up the very last one they had in the store, salesman said they sold 19 of them in the last 2 hours and then he got the last one.

TV of my dreams and I had the self control to not get one... Grrrr....

I went out this morning and got myself a TV. went to wal-mart and got a 42" LCD for $598. It's a polaroid, so it's not as good as a sony, but I've wanted to upgrade for some time and the deal seemed pretty good!! I'm pretty excited! too bad the kids are home, so far all I've been able to see on it are Tom and Jerry and Dora!

We looked at the Polaroid last year and really liked the picture but we hadn't heard enough about them so went with a more recognizable brand. Nice price though!!!

Originally Posted By: Ryan_V

We looked at the Polaroid last year and really liked the picture but we hadn't heard enough about them so went with a more recognizable brand. Nice price though!!!

Just fishined hooking mine up and it looks AWSOME!!!

...so far all I've been able to see on it are Tom and Jerry and Dora! ...

I know how that goes, especially with Dora. grin

Not much Tom & Jerry here, SpongeBob SquarePants instead. It is sad, sometimes I catch myself starting to sing, "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea..." crazysicklaugh

Was that "Richards" Sporting Goods that you went to? LOL

Yes, it was the short common nickname for "Richard's" Sporting Goods. I never even thought about it when I typed it! OOPS!