• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone got duck app recipes?

Quetico

Ok, I'm trying to find a decent recipe for duck appetizers. It'd be a thanksgiving dinner appetizer. I will get duck breasts occasionally and make them for dinner.

I'm trying to get the family to try meat beyond the traditional beef/chicken/pork/turkey.

We just had duck breast appetizers at deer camp...I marinaded the meat in Zesty Italian dressing for 5 days...cut them into strips, wrapped with bacon and grilled to medium rare.

Served them with 57 and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce..

They went over really well...

One small can of jalepenos and about the same amount of green olives and 1 pkg cream cheese.I used to put ingredients in whole but my bro taught me it was easier to blend and spread than try to fill whole. Its also good with jalepenos and pineapple/cream cheese wraped w/ bacon.

I often marinate my ducks overnight beforehand in pop (coke/7up..) or italian dressing. I did up a bunch of snowgoose breasts at deer camp one year and they dissapeared quickly around the fire.

redhooks

Not mine... Wanderer gets the credit for this one, but it is FANTASTIC.

Duck Breast, mairnated in terriakii for about 8 hours. Butterflied, stuffed with and apple slice, wraped in bacon and pan fried to medium rare.

My god!!! by far the best duck I have ever had.

Duck breasts (chunked to a size like one-half a teal breast was perfect but a mallard half breast into 3-4 pieces). Marinated in coffee was unique and pretty darn good with just a bit of coffee flavor. I've used apple juice (not cider) as well. Wrap with a slice of bacon---hold with a toothpick and grilled.

Just like eating steak pieces. Pretty similar to a number of the other suggestions and I like the thought of the jalapeno as well.