• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

92 Camry

Last night by battery light came on so i thought I needed and alternator. Took the alternator off had it tested and tested good so i thought i was due for a battery so i got a new battery and terminals and put it in along with my old alternator. Well now it wont start or turn over. The only thing that comes on is my headlights. Any thoughts

Quote:
Took the alternator off had it tested and tested good so

After taking an alternator out and bringing it down to the store, it can jarred enough to get it working again for a bench testing at Advanced grin This just happened today with a friend of mine on a 90 3.3l Voy. winkgrin

Did it start at all and the battery light came back on right away. Then die after running and now will not restart?

Could be something with the new battery terms also?

If you can, I would charge the battery up and have the alt. tested in car, while the eng. is running, to rule out the alt...

Good luck!

Yep, right on Dtro.

You are also right on the battery. Some times you can get a bad one.

I just have a hunch (if in fact the eng. would not turn over after doing this and he has headlights) since he said he replaced the battery terminals, he may have missed a ground or positive wire or something else.

Could still be a bad battery? If it is not turning over now, there is two concerns now. The battery light issue he started out with and now it will not turn over or start.

More info is needed wink

Well i tried the old battery after the new battery wouldnt do anything other then headlights and the door dinger. Same thing as the new battery. Then i tried putting the old battery terminals back on. Same thing. I dont think I missed a wire just because there was only 1 for the positive and 1 for the negative

Well i tried the old battery after the new battery wouldnt do anything other then headlights and the door dinger. Same thing as the new battery. Then i tried putting the old battery terminals back on. Same thing. I dont think I missed a wire just because there was only 1 for the positive and 1 for the negative