• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AR-15 Scope and rings

Saw557

Hey looking for some advice on setting up my AR-15...(Rock River Predator Pursuit) Looking for a scope for predator/p-dog hunting and wondering if a 3-9x would cover it or should I go for more scope. Also was wondering what everyone is using for ring height. I have a friend with a AR and a nikkon model..? scope and the eye relief is terrible. I am new to AR's but as popular as they are I can't believe this is normal. I want mine set up right.

Thanks

I need to get new rings, I went with high and I need extra high. Burris tactical extreme extra rings is what I am going with next. I have the 3-9x40 burris fullfield 2 scope, will upgrade to the 4-12 pretty soon.....there are other one piece mounts out there as well. if you are going with rings, you will need extra high.

I would reccomend at least a 4.5-14x scope. I have a loupold mark 4 with the mil-dot reticle on my AR-15, and i was happy with it shooting prairie dogs.

I was also shooting another rifle with a 3-9x scope. the 3-9x wasn't as nice for ranges out past 250 yards. It also had a thicker crosshair though. If you go with the 3-9x, you might look for a finer crosshair...

If you are near a Cabela's you might shop in the bargain cave for a good scope, that's where i found mine. i saved a ton of money...

good luck

I'm going to assume the Predator Pursuit is a flat-top reciever,I run an Armalite 1" mount on mine and it has plenty of adjustment to move the scope forward and back to adjust for eye relief and has plenty of clearance for a 50mm objective scope (mine is a Leupold 4x12x50 Vari-X 2} They look a bunch better than the high rise mounts also. However,I am looking for a 1/4" riser to dial it in perfectly since when wearing a heavy winter face mask the scope is just a tad low and have only been able to find 1/2" so far. I have a padded Acer stock on mine which may make a bit of difference and everyone plants their face differently on a gun.