• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Plans Nov 14-16?

cjac

Hey all,

Where are you that still have the boats out or the shore guys headed?

The cold and damp are telling me and my bad back to shut it down, but I'm still tempted to do a little sucker fishing for a couple hours maybe. There are a couple spots I've seen some big fish on that I'd like to see if they're interested.

I've heard a couple reports of big, like 50+ pound fish moving on Mille Lacs. There's still that chance.....

saturday '' IF '' i go i'll be hitting the croix off shore. i've got some smaller bulldogs i can just bounce and let sit on a sand bar or two. i modified them so they sit perfectly flat on the sand. nice natural pearl silver/black and a white, and a black. then sunday i'll throw some cranks well outside some around 70 degree water. bring it back from around 38 degrees into the 70 degrees and see what happens. whistle

Well my last day out was Wednesday 11-12. Headed up to Mantrap for one last outing. Had high hopes during the week without any pressure (deer season) and full moon. Fished from about noon until six. I didn't even see a fish, was pretty disappointed. Threw mostly big blades and dawgs along with dragging a sucker plenty. I don't know if they weren't active, had moved from where they were in mid October, if my lure choices/presentations sucked or a combination of things.

I didn't get to fish the main lake because I couldn't get through the ice!!

PB120072.jpg

It'' be our last trip out on Saturday. Going to head over to Miltona/Lobster. Have moved some big fish out there and hopefully they'll be eaters on Saturday. It'll be sad loading up the Lakewood for the last time frown Turning the key off will bring months of boredom when the Opti stops purring.

Either hard fishing in the metro or north a little. Haven't decided yet, but the forecast has changed for saturday, so i doubt i'll make the drive up solo.

Got my steering cable all fixed up, trolling will be a fall back to casting if I run into the same freezing rods/reels as last sunday!

Sunday maybe take the small cartop out for a while and hit a small lake (probably not for skis). The big boat is pretty much done for the year, already took the batteries out and it's pretty much out of gas anyway. Not winterized yet, so there will be a trip to the cabin to get it.

Plans right now are for the boat, rods and lures to go into storage on Saturday, however, I might have to give it one last try on either Miltona or Alexander for a few hours on Saturday. Depends on what the weather is going to do. If I do put the boat away, I think I will spend the evening watching the Gophers hockey team and weeping into a pillow on my couch! cry

I had to break down and winterize the motor yesterday, fill the boat the with summer gear to make garage space, and haul it to storage today. Didn't want to, but I had to take advantage of a couple dry days to haul it around and get things done.

Looking at tomorrow afternoon to troll/cast out of another ride as long as the wind cooperates enough. Beyond that I'm looking at some late season pheasant hunting trips and getting ready for ice fishing.

Went out on Rush last night and trolled an Esox Cobra for a couple of hours with no results. Water temps were 40 deg on the north end and 39 on the south with pretty good sized rollers in the wind. Saw a picture of a super fat 51.5 caught on Mille Lacs two days ago so I had to get out. Might get out one more time next week if things don't get locked up.

Started cleaning out the boat and hanging all my lures up in my "Muskie Room" today. Found out one thing really quick......I bought too many lures this summer. Where I hung up my bucktails and surface baits last winter is now totally filled with just bucktails. Got to keep the wife out of there so she doesn't know how many lures I actually have, otherwise I will get "the eye" when I start ordering over the winter!

Quote:
Where I hung up my bucktails and surface baits last winter is now totally filled with just bucktails. Got to keep the wife out of there so she doesn't know how many lures I actually have, otherwise I will get "the eye" when I start ordering over the winter!

first, IMHO theres no such thing as too many baits.

second, thats funny. i had a buddy (deceased)that built a false wall in his den that had a pin that needed to be pulled in the basement to unlock it. he built it to hide all his toys from his wife. guns, tackle, rods, electronics and what-not. of course he felt bad for the deceit and would always get her whatever she wanted. just an option for you. grin