• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chubby Darters

Steve Eddicus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seeing your location is pitchin under the dock... i would say your no where close.... i did see them at cabelas in owatonna but only 3 left... i know gander up here in fargo doesent have them, but did last year. so depending on where you are i guess is the real deal. also i know that thorne bros has it as well

I'll save you some gas hunting for them bud.

GM will not have them (I can't order from that distributor for GM...nobody can at GM), they only come from a certain distributor that GM does not work with...for now anyway.

Cabela's, Red Rock, Reeds..(maybe?),Scheels, Salmo USA, and some stray on-line bait and tackle sites may carry them.

FYI: GM will be the only place you can get the #3-#4-#5 LBD, (Luminescent Blue Dace). Get them early..they are going FAST!

The blue does glow from the luminescent base underneath to allow for a contrasting wobble effect as you jig it. Spark them up and get them wet once you will see.

The glow is configured like the other luminescent models of Salmo Chubbys with a double layer of glow paint under the detail to push the detail out to accentuate the contrasts.

The smaller the Chubby the thinner the contrasting base coat colors will be...so the #3 and #4 will pop glow blue very well. The #5 will be a darker back blue and graduate to lighter blue glow into the sides.

The contrast is a very key element to draw fish up and stimulate strikes.

That Sumo Sow Walleye in my profile picture, she came on a #5 LBD, as did 3 more sumo sows last winter. So...they are doing something right.

Eddie,

I looked on Salmo's site and they do not show a red chubby.

Is this a new color for them?

Please let us know how to fish the chubby. Do you jiggle it or snap jig it, etc?

Do you start with it about 6" from the bottom?

Do you recomment a #3 for perch?

Thanks,

tweed