• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Satellite T.V

Duke of Earl

I have Dish 500.

It's basically the same package I have on my house. Yes, there is a reciever. I jumped in on a package deal where I got 2 receivers and 2 dishes, and monthly service for the price of just 1.

Mounting the dish to the roof with magnets makes it real easy to move the dish around to get it "sighted in."

My friend bought a two receiver system when it came he had two dishes. One goes on the fishhouse. He brings one of the two receiver boxes to the lake so theirs no additional charges. You have the same package of programs on the lake as you have at home with no upcharge. He uses and inverter to power the receiver.

This is about the easiest way to get reception on the ice, and perfectly legal! The best part; No trees around to mess with your signal. Just point south and fine tune from there. I think most people will get better reception on the open ice than they would on their wooded house lot.

Yet another reason to get on the ice this winter, like any of us needed one.

I put Satellite on my house on Mille Lacs. It was the best move I ever made, especially the way the fishing went most days! I have direct tv and 3 recievers at home. I got an extra dish from a buddy and mounted it on my house on the side with the door, since I always have it facing south out of the wind. Then I bring the box from home, turn it on the signal meter set up and turn the volume on the TV up real load so I can hear the pitch as I tune it in. Works great. I have one deep cycle battery and it powers my TV, satellite box, and inverter for about 6 hours. Good luck,

Chadice