• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

going to carlos avery this weekend

PmDavis300

There hasn't been nearly the pressure on Carlos this year as in years past and if you do your homework there are alot of out of the way places where a person can park, walk in and have the place to himself. Do your home work and have a backup plan in case someone shows up before you and is in your spot. At 29,000 acres there aought to be somewhere you can hunt without the masses.

Tunrevir~

There hasn't been nearly the pressure on Carlos this year as in years past and if you do your homework there are alot of out of the way places where a person can park, walk in and have the place to himself. Do your home work and have a backup plan in case someone shows up before you and is in your spot. At 29,000 acres there aought to be somewhere you can hunt without the masses.

Tunrevir~

where do i find a map with places to park? dnr site?

Dnr site, county plat books and even atlas's will have the roads and boundries. If you do some driving around there are alot of dead end roads that but up to it. Most parking is on the side of the road but there are areas with designated parking lots as well.

Tunrevir~

Dnr site, county plat books and even atlas's will have the roads and boundries. If you do some driving around there are alot of dead end roads that but up to it. Most parking is on the side of the road but there are areas with designated parking lots as well.

Tunrevir~

ok thanks, ill look for a spot tommorow before i go out on sunday

If you go into Carlos, make sure you pay attention. I was bow hunting an area next to a cattail swamp a few years ago. Guy shot a bird out of a tree close to me - didn't see me - I wont ever go back. Be safe.

If you go into Carlos, make sure you pay attention. I was bow hunting an area next to a cattail swamp a few years ago. Guy shot a bird out of a tree close to me - didn't see me - I wont ever go back. Be safe.

were you wearing orange?

I was out this morning and saw a fair amount of pressure along the main roads, 97, broadway in Flake and 22 in Wyoming but when traveling along some of the lesser known spots only came across 2 vehicals in eight different areas. So depending on where you plan to hunt there are open spots with little to no pressure. Do the homework and you'll be able to get into areas without a ton of hunters.

Tunrevir~

I was out there yesterday afternoon for the last of the gun hunt. Although it was a little busy, I was able to find a spot where I was left alone. Unfortunately the deer left me alone as well. smile

Not much shooting and a lot of long faces driving out. Oh well there is always Zone 1

But I cant complain, I got my Crow Wing County doe in the freezer and I was antler hunting anyway. It was better than watching the queens hand the game over.

I hunted it last year and will do whatever I can to never go back there. People firing over your head, sounds like a war zone at first light. Way to many people and way to many that have no clue. Try to find some land another place if you can.

I dont think I would have the guts to go out there on opening morning. (or any morning before light for that matter) I have heard a few horror stories myself. By the second weekend, most of the ya-hoos are gone. I will go over for the afternoon hunts if I am back in town late in the week. Not too bad then...