• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pope and young

I would call a scorer and ask that. I have seen and heard that many want to see that the skull plate has not been broken and seperated to give it a little more score. The worse they would have to do is cut the stitching on the top of the skull and check to see that it is solid or x-ray the skull.

Wasn't a problem for me last year, the skull plate stayed in tact. There was never a question about it being mounted or not. All deer at the whitetail expo that I took it to that were scored, were obviously mounted. I have the official paperwork at home. Your good to go.

Its usually not an issue unless it is a Boone & Crocket qualifier. The deer at the classic are usually for P&Y or the state book, and they wont tear a mount apart for that. B&C usually has a few more requirments; witness, photos, etc. If the antlers are solid in the mount, I wouldnt worry about it... but if anything is shady and it may net over 170.... hey are going to look into it!

I had a buck I shot approx 6 years ago measured to enter into P&Y. I had to open the top of the deer head so he could see the complete skull plate to make sure it was intact. He would not sign the form until I did. I'm not saying they all do require but this guy did.

Have it checked before the deer head is mounted and then you will not have any issues.