• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Shack lights (besides LED ropes)

Rebeleye

Anyone have good lighting ideas for a portable shack? I've tried different flashlights and lanterns over the past few years. Haven't really found anything that works very well. Usually just end up wearing my headlamp the entire time.

I'm just curious what others have tried besides LED ropes that provide good lighting.

Appreciate the help!

I have my led lights on order but prior to this season I used a 2 mantle Coleman propane lantern that screws onto a 1 lb. tank and it worked very well. I liked that it is adjustable and not just one brightness setting like on the old style lanterns. It also provided some heat too.

I have used the undercar led lighting that comes in a tube that one can fasten to the support poles with electrical tape or tie straps. One can purchase them in lenghts from 2'-4' in lenght. They will light the portable up like daylight.

Most of these can be found on the internet and you can do a search for under car lighting.

What's that UFO light take for batteries? how tough is it on batteries?

2 double AAs. I have yet to replace them, and they have been used for many hours. LED is great, battery usage is pretty low. If you go on a popular auction site, I am not allowed to say on here and do a search for UFO lights, there are tone of options on there, some with 96 lights in them.

Northern Tool has a very good 48LED UFO light that i used all of last year fishing maybe twice a week and i only had to change batteries once. they run on 3 triple A's but make sure you don't get them wet because they will burn out. I learned that the hard way. I think they also made a 96LED this year not sure though. They are cheap too I think around 15 bucks.

Good Luck!

Ryan

Originally Posted By: Mike412
What's that UFO light take for batteries? how tough is it on batteries?

2 double AAs. I have yet to replace them, and they have been used for many hours. LED is great, battery usage is pretty low. If you go on a popular auction site, I am not allowed to say on here and do a search for UFO lights, there are tone of options on there, some with 96 lights in them.

Mine has three batteries. It even came with batteries.

Walmart also has a battery powered "under the cabinet" led track light. It has 4 multiposition heads to aim the light where needed.

That is on their HSOforum.

edit, hmmm I was just looking around on the Walmart HSOforum and came across the Coleman Zephyr, battery powered fan and light combo unit with tent clip.

I have used the undercar led lighting that comes in a tube that one can fasten to the support poles with electrical tape or tie straps. One can purchase them in lenghts from 2'-4' in lenght. They will light the portable up like daylight.

Most of these can be found on the internet and you can do a search for under car lighting.

Harvey..are you talking about them pimped out lights or some kind of work light?